Using DVI cable cannot control contrast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmk

Apr 29, 2004
Bought a new LCD monitor (Dell 20") recently and decided to use DVI (since many ppl say DVI is better than VGA) however I realise I could not set my contrast of the monitor but it was set automatically by the monitor:confused: .

Well, when I start processing my photos, everything looks nice on the LCD but when I view the photos using another calibrated CRT monitor, I find the photos are rather flat, no contrast. Then I adjusted the contrast by using curve on the CRT. When done, I switch back and view the photos on the new LCD, the photos look over contrast and ugly.

The help I need is, is there anything that I can do to solve this or only solution is to switch back using VGA so that I am able to adjust the contrast? Or I accept to view all the photos with high contrast on the LCD...???

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Cheers!

mmk said:
Bought a new LCD monitor (Dell 20") recently and decided to use DVI (since many ppl say DVI is better than VGA) however I realise I could not set my contrast of the monitor but it was set automatically by the monitor:confused: .

Well, when I start processing my photos, everything looks nice on the LCD but when I view the photos using another calibrated CRT monitor, I find the photos are rather flat, no contrast. Then I adjusted the contrast by using curve on the CRT. When done, I switch back and view the photos on the new LCD, the photos look over contrast and ugly.

The help I need is, is there anything that I can do to solve this or only solution is to switch back using VGA so that I am able to adjust the contrast? Or I accept to view all the photos with high contrast on the LCD...???

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Cheers!

yup. i use a 2407 and with dvi, contrast can't be adjusted. Think this is a known thing

Maybe you would like to do a calibration on both your LCD and CRT?

For my case, I am using a Sony monitor. If I set the backlight to Auto, then I am not able to adjust the contrast and backlight. If I set to PC mode, then I am able to adjust all backlight, contrast and backlight.

Many thanks to the links and help. Will looking at them when free.

Cheers!

Can I?

Status
Not open for further replies.