Using Canon A40 to take night shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

freehtml

What are the setting or things I need to know in order to use Canon A40 to do night shots?

Originally posted by baiyun
u need tripod
use manual option, set shutter to 3 or 4s and try...

I may go to CP this weekend to take a look...

It depend on the subjects that you are taking. Without tripod, you can make use of the surrounding support such as bench (if any) etc.
Beside setting between 3 - 4 sec, you may try to set low aperture value F2.8 to F4 depending on the zoom. If too bright, try to have shorter shutter speed such as 1 sec etc. You may also try with high aperture value such as F8 to F14 but you will required a longer exposure from 5 sec to 10 sec.

Originally posted by cillin
It depend on the subjects that you are taking. Without tripod, you can make use of the surrounding support such as bench (if any) etc.
Beside setting between 3 - 4 sec, you may try to set low aperture value F2.8 to F4 depending on the zoom. If too bright, try to have shorter shutter speed such as 1 sec etc. You may also try with high aperture value such as F8 to F14 but you will required a longer exposure from 5 sec to 10 sec.

I guess I must read up more on the photography jargons :what:

I will try it tonite ;)

hi

new to digital , so need to ask the experts here :) for the A40, can it take the Ridata 256 or 125 MB card ? also, what's the widest aperure for the wide and tele ends ? TIA :)

Originally posted by victor
hi

new to digital , so need to ask the experts here :) for the A40, can it take the Ridata 256 or 125 MB card ? also, what's the widest aperure for the wide and tele ends ? TIA :)

A40 can take Ridata 256MB or 128MB (I presumed 125MB is a typo error). Widest aperture for wide and tele, please refer to the user guide. There are 2 aperture settings for each lens setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.