Using a flash unit for an infant... is it safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruche

Sep 7, 2005
I've heard alot of discussion about whether using camera flash (onboard or external) is safe for babies. Especially for those under 6 months old, the tale is not to use it.

Apart from being scared from it... is there any research that shows it to be harmful to them?

How old must a baby be before is it ok to use flash? without having to wear these = :cool:

Even if there is a research to say its safe, i will still not use it. The baby belongs to me, I wouldn't want to take the risk and trust other people's report. If later another report comes out and say its not say........ alamak!! Die liao........ by then maybe too late liao, and then u notice the baby cocked-eyed liao..........how then? hehehhe......

Play safe, keep the flash away.... u bounced or do whatever it is, its very very glaring for an adult (eyes). Baby's........ no way man!! :nono:

Play safe, keep the flash away.... u bounced or do whatever it is, its very very glaring for an adult (eyes). Baby's........ no way man!! :nono:

Does that mean bouncing a flash away is ok? or say a diffuser...

can you tell me what kind of lighting being use here??

[vid]QHAlHcW7qPE[/vid]

[vid]xrBXmLLJSo4&[/vid]

you can go to photo.net to do research also.

Or make sure your baby closes his eyes when using flash :bsmilie:

hi Fruche

Go to the Newbies forum and see my comments. I started a new thread 2 days ago on this.

Eb

Status
Not open for further replies.