use digital camera as exposure meter???


Status
Not open for further replies.

howie

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
75
0
0
cool.as
hi
i think of buying a mid rang digital camera( with manual control) to use as a exposure meter for my manual film camera. any body do it aready? any comment?
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
47
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Originally posted by howie
hi
i think of buying a mid rang digital camera( with manual control) to use as a exposure meter for my manual film camera. any body do it aready? any comment?
I do that when I am unsure of the exposure. A mid-range digital camera makes a pretty good "digital polaroid" to let you test out exposure settings. For tricky situations or night shots, this can prove very helpful.

Regards
CK
 

tkj

New Member
Feb 23, 2002
27
0
0
Bishan
Visit site
Yes, I use G2 and EOS 30.
Sometime preview the same setting on G2 before taking the shot on EOS 30.
 

Paladin

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
723
2
18
50
SGP
Visit site
Originally posted by tkj
Yes, I use G2 and EOS 30.
Sometime preview the same setting on G2 before taking the shot on EOS 30.
Me too...use G2 with my EOS300...but wonder isit accurate?
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
47
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Originally posted by Paladin


Me too...use G2 with my EOS300...but wonder isit accurate?
It may not be 100% accurate, but it will give you a guideline to start with. After you use it more, you will know how much to compensate.

Regards
CK
 

rochkoh

New Member
Feb 8, 2002
533
0
0
Under your skin
Visit site
yup yup. same here. use the 2100UZ before i shoot with my Nikon. esp. on nightshots and those with complicated lighting.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.