Usage of Flash brackets on Minolta systems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelster

Apr 25, 2003
Everywhere where e sun shines
Visit site
Hi fellow minoltians...wanna ask you all if anyone of you had experience using a flash bracket with their KM cams (say either 505si/Dynax7 or the new D7D)?

What I would need to get?...A off cam flash cable?...a off cam flash adapter?...or a off cam shoe?...

went down to CP to look at some of the brackets...the flash shoe on the brackets looks like doesn't fit my 5400HS leh...heh...so neber buy...any advise on this?...

Hiee Kelster...

Here is a set of photos of my Macro stup with the help of a simple $10 bracket from P&G adelphi and then a miniball haead from giottos......

Work wonders for this economical setup.....

macrosetup1.jpg

macrosetup2.jpg

Hope this will help you have some idea on what alternatives (cheaper)
there are.
What i like about this setup is that the off-shoe cable can swap place with the flash when i need the flash on the camera....

rgds,
sulhan

nice setup Sulhan. what diff will it make if i have the same setup except no flash cable? will using wireless affect the result?

wow...great stuff sulhan...heh...actually...me was thinking in line of DIY my own bracket as well...heh...wanted to use it for one of my wedding assignments...great inspiration for me...heh...

thnx....

btw...how much for the off cam cable huh?...and also...how u tahan the flash to the ball head?....

kelster said:
wow...great stuff sulhan...heh...actually...me was thinking in line of DIY my own bracket as well...heh...wanted to use it for one of my wedding assignments...great inspiration for me...heh...

thnx....

btw...how much for the off cam cable huh?...and also...how u tahan the flash to the ball head?....
Hahhaha...

Don't see the small ball no up.......hahahha.....its handles well....

rgds,
sulhan

heh...donch puay puay rite?...kekekeke...

So...where is a good place to find some DIY stuff?...where's P&G adelphi?...any shop to recommend??...

Adelphi is just right in front of Funan.

kelster said:

thnx....

The ball head is attached to the plastic flash stand that comes with the 5600.

TME said:
The ball head is attached to the plastic flash stand that comes with the 5600.
That reminds me that Sulhan missed the stand out in pic #1, and what's the thing mounted on the vertical grip? not the bracket, its like a small quick release.

Drudkh said:
That reminds me that Sulhan missed the stand out in pic #1, and what's the thing mounted on the vertical grip? not the bracket, its like a small quick release.

Okay.....the MS-2 was missing in the stand by pasar malam layout....The Thingy below the grip is the quick release for my b-head.

I just palinly screw on to the quick release as it it self have a hole for tripod screws.... ;)

rgds,
sulhan

U want to bring during the next outing for all to see.... I'm very interested to have 2 flashes, one on a bracket like that for wedding dinner shoot.... just use wireless and 2:1 ratio to do fill in....

TME said:
U want to bring during the next outing for all to see.... I'm very interested to have 2 flashes, one on a bracket like that for wedding dinner shoot.... just use wireless and 2:1 ratio to do fill in....
Hi TME........

I would not be able to join next week outing as i will be away from monday.....

Maybe on one of our future shoot outings i will bring....

rgds,
sulhan

sulhan said:
Hi TME........

I would not be able to join next week outing as i will be away from monday.....

Maybe on one of our future shoot outings i will bring....

rgds,
sulhan

Boo hoo hoo.. sob sob..... sniff sniff..... :cry:

Next time then...

Status
Not open for further replies.