Urgent: Teleconvertor Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quojake

May 29, 2007
Hi CSers!

I'm in HK now, leaving tmrw.

I was looking for a teleconvertor for my EOS 350D. Found a nice Kenko 2x DG. The guy at Tin Cheung at Tim Sha Tsui was nice enough to point out that it was not compatible with the 18-55mm kit lens, nor with my Sigma 70-300mm Macro. :(

My question: does anyone noe what teleconvertor (either 1.4x or 2x) CAN work with my kit lens or Sigma 70-300mm? :think:

I wanna play with longer range shots but dun wanna pay $$$ for superzooms and thought a teleconvertor may be a cheaper way to start.

Would be really great to get an answer b4 tmrw so that I can check out prices here in HK... :p

i have the kenko 1.4x Teleplus Pro 300 and it works with the sigma 70-300 without need to tape pins etc. Can still AF, but slower.

That being said, there are 2 versions of the kenko teleplus, heard that there is 1 version that you have to tape the pins for AF. I'm not sure how to differentiate. Best is to try the TC with ur camera and lens.

i have to warn u that the 70-300 will have even softer images even with 1.4x TC. So it will be worse with 2x TC

with that current 2 lens of yours, i say drop the idea... sad but true...

Kenko 2x DG can fit into the 2 lens you referring.

But due the small aperture of these, you might have a very dark view and not able to have proper AF.

Optical quality will be quite bad too for your two lens with 2xTC

Brothers! Thanks for the advice... :thumbsup:

I managed to find one kenko 1.4x here for 150SGD. But after your comments and reading other threads, I decide not to buy yet.

midicity, I wonder if you can rent me yr kenko to try? If pictures ok then I will buy one for myself, no point shelling out $150 just to test test...

I have a 1.7x and 2x teleconvertor, but it is Nikon mount.

Btw, i only use it on prime lens, try on zoom before, the result is very bad, worst the cropping without the convertor.

But if budget is a problem and just wanted to have a super zoom lens, actually no harm getting it (it can use on your prime lens in the future)
I did the same when i started off and still a student with budget problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.