URGENT! Retoucher needed for Product Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjv22

Aug 17, 2010
Urgently need a good retoucher who knows how can do the retouching/DI for the coffee making products at this link.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104670816083460728081/CoffeeMaker?authkey=Gv1sRgCIHnkOiFkdvMaQ

These pictures were taken with a mobile phone but actual pictures will be taken with a DSLR. Will need retoucher to clean out any reflections and make products look like it's taken really professionally.

The pictures will be used for packaging and marketing. So please email iamjv22@gmail.com your rates for 15-20 pictures if you can do a good job for marketing and packaging purpose.

PS Don't PM me in CS as I seldom check this account

Thanks!
JV

good pictures come from good lighting techniques. The photographer should know how best to light so the retoucher wouldn't have to artifically reconstruct reflections, especially chrome. Imagine the bill for retouching actually costing more than hiring a good photographer. The 2nd photo is a DI artist's nightmare, hope your photographer can do a good job so the retoucher has a lot less to do. Cheers~

Editing actually cost more than the photography coz it takes so much time to reconstruct, why not hire a good photographer to do the proper shoot for you, rather than get someone to edit the picture???

Excuse me but even good photographers use retouchers. They go hand in hand in this industry.

Excuse me, retouch is suppose to enhance the product or subject. True, retoucher (btw they are called DI artist) and photographers do work hand in hand but it is not shifting of responsibilities. The photographer has to know the product's limitations to retouching process. In the photos given by TS, it seems the 'photographer' just take for the sake of taking, then thought DI could do the job.

Wrong! There are limitations on what the DI artist can do and cannot do in which every photographer themselves need to know too, so as the retouchings are as minimum as possible but at the same time maximizing the product's unique selling point.

Excuse me but even good photographers use retouchers. They go hand in hand in this industry.

Excuse me, retouch is suppose to enhance the product or subject. True, retoucher (btw they are called DI artist) and photographers do work hand in hand but it is not shifting of responsibilities. The photographer has to know the product's limitations to retouching process. In the photos given by TS, it seems the 'photographer' just take for the sake of taking, then thought DI could do the job.

Wrong! There are limitations on what the DI artist can do and cannot do in which every photographer themselves need to know too, so as the retouchings are as minimum as possible but at the same time maximizing the product's unique selling point.
according to TS, the photos was snapped using his HP, we won't know how are those photos done by his photographer in what kind of quality.

a good product shot start with a good and clean photo, retouchers can do what the photographer can't do during the shoot, a good retoucher can also save a badly taken photo, but it will cost a lot more than hire a competent photographer, and also save a lot of production time.

just a reminder again, here is for members to seek for services, not for any discussion.

since TS mention it is urgent and didn't log in, update after thread posted, will take it she has already found what she needs.

this thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.