Urgent assistance needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! Really? I always thought the electricity from the mains was enough to kill :bigeyes:

230v wont really kill if one lets go fast enough.

i have attempted at least 3 times of my life, to dip my bare hands into a tank of water to retreive a glowing light tube on 230v. the bulb dropped into the tank and i took it out from the water as the shock sent waves into my body. i was bare feet on marble flooring. the house circuit breaker didnt work and so it did not even cause a trip. i just kept cursing as i retreive the light tube.

i was alive and still am.:bsmilie:

but the aircon back current shock was unexpected. again, i was on bare feet, but i did fall onto the ground after the quick shock, i was just looking stunned for a few seconds.

for 3 phase circuits (ie 415v), i wont play a fool though. 415v is too deadly and no one can sustain such a shock.

i have attempted at least 3 times of my life, to dip my bare hands into a tank of water to retreive a glowing light tube on 230v. the bulb dropped into the tank and i took it out from the water as the shock sent waves into my body. i was bare feet on marble flooring. the house circuit breaker didnt work and so it did not even cause a trip. i just kept cursing as i retreive the light tube.

but the aircon back current shock was unexpected. again, i was on bare feet, but i did fall onto the ground after the quick shock, i was just looking stunned for a few seconds.

for 3 phase circuits (ie 415v), i wont play a fool though. 415v is too deadly and no one can sustain such a shock.

Dude, I think you should donate your body to science eventually.....:bsmilie:

Well,thats partly becoz u r "earthed".... Should u be wearing shoes.... I dunno what will happen to u especially the fish tank one.... Anyway, for the tank, thats oso becoz water is a much better conductor of electricity than you. electricity flow thru water encounter lesser resistance than electricity flowing thru u.
I rmb got one time i plug in a three pin plug into the mains while toking to someone. So one of my finger was actually on the live pin. Kena shock then later my finger nail seem abit "chaota"

Actually, when you are earthed, the electricity flows. When you are not, nothing happens.

Actually, when you are earthed, the electricity flows. When you are not, nothing happens.

I thought is when u r earthed the "earth" absorb the electricity, if u r not, it will make u part of the circuit and hence electricity flows thru u indefinitely until u r removed from the circuit?

Dude, I think you should donate your body to science eventually.....:bsmilie:

if you had met me in real person, you may be able to understand why i can sustain 230v shocks.:bsmilie:

i only know i will die if i put live wire onto my tongue. so far, never try that yet as i dont use my mouth to fix electrical stuff.:bsmilie:

Well,thats partly becoz u r "earthed".... Should u be wearing shoes.... I dunno what will happen to u especially the fish tank one.... Anyway, for the tank, thats oso becoz water is a much better conductor of electricity than you. electricity flow thru water encounter lesser resistance than electricity flowing thru u.
I rmb got one time i plug in a three pin plug into the mains while toking to someone. So one of my finger was actually on the live pin. Kena shock then later my finger nail seem abit "chaota"

oh, when i am fixing electrical stuff at home or fixing up my fish tank, i dont wear shoes.:bsmilie:

but, i can tell you its quite invigorating to feel the current passing through the body. its better and cheaper than caffeine anytime.

ok, you guys better not try. i am only made slightly differently from you all.

if you had met me in real person, you may be able to understand why i can sustain 230v shocks.:bsmilie:

i only know i will die if i put live wire onto my tongue. so far, never try that yet as i dont use my mouth to fix electrical stuff.:bsmilie:

Coz u look like this in real life?

fantastic-four-rise-of-the-silver-surfer-w800-04.jpg

this theroy holds true. look at birds on live electric wires? they are not earthed and so they can still chirp ontop.

oh, when i am fixing electrical stuff at home or fixing up my fish tank, i dont wear shoes.:bsmilie:

but, i can tell you its quite invigorating to feel the current passing through the body. its better and cheaper than caffeine anytime.

ok, you guys better not try. i am only made slightly differently from you all.

I experienced tht before. God knows how long ago when there was still a fish tank at home, the filter system for dunno what reason is not so water proof and electricity starts flowing in the tank. only realised it when i tried to scoop something out of the tank and accidentally touched the metal portion of the net's handle....

And the reaction was WOW:bigeyes:

Coz u look like this in real life?

fantastic-four-rise-of-the-silver-surfer-w800-04.jpg

only one hint... i have big body mass. i can push a car alone. once i was at suntec city area, a small car stalled and in it there were four old ladies. many cars behind started honking. i felt sorry for the ladies and their car was causing a long tail back behind (their car was on the exit path to ecp and it was a single lane). i came out, plucked off my tie, went to wave hello to the aunties and pushed their car up the curb in less than 10 seconds. i ran back to my car and drove off with a smile. the four ladies were stunned with disbelief - still in the car looking at each other.:bsmilie:

and no, i am not like the hulk or hulk holgan.:bsmilie: i am contaxable

Wah HERO!:thumbsup:

If me I think I will oso react in the same way(as the old ladies).....

And in the same way as u if i have got a friend to help:bsmilie:

Me at most can only lift the back of the car to get that stuck exhaust pipe out of the drain cover....

Last edited:
I experienced tht before. God knows how long ago when there was still a fish tank at home, the filter system for dunno what reason is not so water proof and electricity starts flowing in the tank. only realised it when i tried to scoop something out of the tank and accidentally touched the metal portion of the net's handle....

And the reaction was WOW:bigeyes:

if you talk to electrical technicians, they would tell you they had been zapped at some points of their life. there are some ways to avoid a deadly zap when not practicing safety.

but for the fish tank incidents, i was quite stupid and stubbon. i repeated the same mistakes each time i accidently pushed the bulb into the water. i instinctive told myself to retreive the bulb. i have since changed the whole lighting set up. it is now a breeze.

if you talk to electrical technicians, they would tell you they had been zapped at some points of their life. there are some ways to avoid a deadly zap when not practicing safety.

but for the fish tank incidents, i was quite stupid and stubbon. i repeated the same mistakes each time i accidently pushed the bulb into the water. i instinctive told myself to retreive the bulb. i have since changed the whole lighting set up. it is now a breeze.

But actually i wonder how my fish in the tank survive that.... It was a relatively new filter system abt 2mths old or so.... Imagine kena shock for u mths non stop.....

But actually i wonder how my fish in the tank survive that.... It was a relatively new filter system abt 2mths old or so.... Imagine kena shock for u mths non stop.....

it is true fishes wont die even when there is electrical leakage. maybe there is no earth point until you touched the water.

i found out that my main tank had an electrical leak last year. it was caused by the salt buit up around the light holders. when i touched the water, i received a shock each time. i deduced that moist salt conducts electricity and the current found its way into the tank. i threw the whole lighting set up away and diy something entirely different.

it is true fishes wont die even when there is electrical leakage. maybe there is no earth point until you touched the water.

i found out that my main tank had an electrical leak last year. it was caused by the salt buit up around the light holders. when i touched the water, i received a shock each time. i deduced that moist salt conducts electricity and the current found its way into the tank. i threw the whole lighting set up away and diy something entirely different.

Nevertheless, it was a freaky experience...

As far as I'm aware, when you are "earthed", the electricity flows through YOUR body into the ground. When you wear rubber shoes, you break the circuit and nothign flows.

You may have gotten confused with the concept of earthed electrical appliances, in which case, a leak will result in the electricity flowing through the earth wire into the ground, and divert it away from flowing through your body to the ground. This is because your body has higher resistance than the earth wire. If there's no earth wire, then the electricity flows through your body because there's no other path left.

I thought is when u r earthed the "earth" absorb the electricity, if u r not, it will make u part of the circuit and hence electricity flows thru u indefinitely until u r removed from the circuit?

this theroy holds true. look at birds on live electric wires? they are not earthed and so they can still chirp ontop.

:nono:

it is because current flowing through electric cables is alternating current.

if touch the other wire see if the bird fried or not. :sweatsm:

Any physics teacher out here?

Status
Not open for further replies.