Upward road

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardnirun

Sep 22, 2008
Serangoon
A conversation between a guy and a girl. I wanted to emphasize the idea that a relationship is an upward road. I was wondering..how would you guys have composed the picture with these subjects? I tried to make the slope as steep as possible in the picture. Is there another way of making it steeper? I'm currently 5 days into photography so am quite new in this..

BoyGerltalking.jpg

Upward roads. The road is actually heading downwards! So, on that point, you missed it badly.

The girl is so hidden behind the guy, if not for the hand band, whether she is a girl is very debatable, the impact is not there.

The idea that these 2 people are in a relationship, just does not come through. I don't see it.

If this is a posed composition, you failed miserably to convey the idea you wanted to.

If it's a candid, well, not a whole lot you can do. the fact that the road is level, you have a problem with the "upward" feel.

As it stand, you can use Photoshop to modify the perspective of the road, but still, there is absolutely no linkage between that and the phantom relationship.

Try again.

Upward roads. The road is actually heading downwards! So, on that point, you missed it badly.

The girl is so hidden behind the guy, if not for the hand band, whether she is a girl is very debatable, the impact is not there.

The idea that these 2 people are in a relationship, just does not come through. I don't see it.

If this is a posed composition, you failed miserably to convey the idea you wanted to.

If it's a candid, well, not a whole lot you can do. the fact that the road is level, you have a problem with the "upward" feel.

As it stand, you can use Photoshop to modify the perspective of the road, but still, there is absolutely no linkage between that and the phantom relationship.

Try again.

thanks!!...

ACS(BR).

take note to focus on your subject. the 2 people are out of focus.

A conversation between a guy and a girl. I wanted to emphasize the idea that a relationship is an upward road. I was wondering..how would you guys have composed the picture with these subjects? I tried to make the slope as steep as possible in the picture. Is there another way of making it steeper? I'm currently 5 days into photography so am quite new in this..

your message here is not clear, mainly because

a) no idea how you are going to portray an "upward road" here using a simple arrow and a road, the idea is a bit far fetched imho. make it simple, make it punchy.. here it is simply put, ambiguous

b) your subjects (the guy and the girl) can hardly be seen

c) understand perspective, if you want to make the road steeper. bend down and look through your lens. tiptoe and look through your lens. after a while of always doing that, you won't have to wreck your knees anymore, if you think when you shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.