UPS service is lousy

Status
Not open for further replies.

arampan

Nov 29, 2004
Jurong West
I bought an expensive, heavy and important piece of equipment form overseas. Decided to opt for the UPS Express service to get it to be by yesterday (saturday). I received the tracking number from them. Verified with the supplier that my address has been keyed in correctly. I called UPS Singapore and they confirmed yesterday that my package has arrived, was customs cleared and I would receive it by 5pm yesterday.

I spent the whole day at home, lazying around the living room. No body came... I waited until 5pm... called UPS... "I'm sorry, our offices are closed"

I entered the tracking number into their website... this is what it states: 15 Oct 2005
13:35 - THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE;PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY

:bigeyes: What the heck ! ! ! at 13:35 I was in the living room eating home cooked food with the door open ! ! ! NOT a person came... Even my dog that barks at every person kept quiet the whole day....

I have no idea what happened and I needed that piece of equipment for today (sunday).

I have no way to contact them as they are closed and I am super mad :angry:

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

I thought they have a hotline number or something? UPS regional HQ is in Singapore...you can write in your complaints.

Take it easy, your equipment is bound to turn up.;)

I find UPS service superb (from sg to uk) when i was in UK. Service is extremely fast. Save my skin several times when i really need something from sg.

Good and bad lor.....we detest using the service in China. Especially when customers send from the US or we send to US...so many times got stuck with customs or package left unattended and no one bear responsibilty, sometimes take 2 weeks to reach destinations instead of the usual 3 days....:(

Sjourn said:
Good and bad lor.....we detest using the service in China. Especially when customers send from the US or we send to US...so many times got stuck with customs or package left unattended and no one bear responsibilty, sometimes take 2 weeks to reach destinations instead of the usual 3 days....:(

No la... Equipment bought from europe. send to Singapore.

I think they have a 24 hr hotline number. I experience this with registered mail a few times. Was at home and found notice in mailbox to collect item at Post office. Maybe delivery guy in a hurry to go home and just report that try to deliver but no one at home. I've raised this issue with SingPost. There will always be somebody at my house.:think:

Sjourn said:
Take it easy, your equipment is bound to turn up.

The point is that arampan was promised delivery at 5 pm that day. Furthermore they have the cheek to report that the first delivery was made earlier when the customer was at the living room. Wow! I can imagine arampan's rage, especially he needed the equipment today.

I also had a bad experience with UPS. Shipping from Singapore to Australia. Had to file complaint. Keep on ding-dong between Singapore and Australia. Eventually gave up. That was about 5 years ago.

Surprisingly, Singpost (and their counterpart Australia Post) does a much better job.

Anthony

Canew said:

DHL also sum-ma sum-ma.

one time, ask them to delivery from Taiwan to Singapore.
They darn to ship the things to Shiang Hia

Ask them to collect the goods in the office by 5pm. They shown up @ 7-8pm. Then claim, too late, flight fly off liao.....
Wait for the next fight.:angry:

Haha....

I would recommend FedEx.... Not FedUps

I tracked a lens from the US and then intercepted the item her ein SGP when i reallised that could not be home on the delivery time and they got back the package into thier office where i could collect.....all in just an hours request.....
They even had a person waiting for me to come by....

I'm impressed..

rgds,
sulhan

I"ve never had a problem with UPS (or FedEX) in their delivery of hundreds of orders. The only delays have been when there have been customs payments to be made.

So far UPS and FreEX are okay for me leh .. they didnt failed to deliver on time .... :)

What I do is check the online tracking number and monitoring the arrival in Singapore, after which call them up and requested them for evening delivery which I am usually at home, in additional give my hp to them and ask them to call if they cant get me ...;)

I waited at home whole day. Nobody came. Tracked it on the web and it said nobody around to sign for it... :angry:

All I can say is...

SUAY

Status
Not open for further replies.