Upgrading to D200 or 300??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik34

Aug 30, 2007
AMK Singapore
Hi, i'm new here.like to seek for some advise from u guys.
I'm using D70s & wanted to upgrade to d200 as my first plan,but knowing the d300
is coming very soon.what should i do?:dunno: i'm not a pro anyway but just a upgrading
for my lovely hobby...:bsmilie:

All advise welcome!
thanks for viewing.

If money isn't an issue, then go for the D300

it's relatively cheap for a new model.. (2700+ if i converted it correctly from the stated US release price) A new D200 would cost around 2200. So the difference is 500 for the cool new features of a D300 and also knowing you have one of the better cameras around. ;p

Again this is if money isn't an issue. If money is an issue, go for a second hand D200 as many are popping up in the BnS. This is a similar time to when fujifilm released their s5pro.. Since the announcement of D300, many D200s are being sold off at cheap prices. The money you save from a cheap second hand D200 can be used to get a good lens.

Let's not go into the specifics of whether you use all the features because without a doubt more features are definitely better - gives you room to grow.

If money isn't an issue, then go for the D300

it's relatively cheap for a new model.. (2700+ if i converted it correctly from the stated US release price) A new D200 would cost around 2200. So the difference is 500 for the cool new features of a D300 and also knowing you have one of the better cameras around. ;p

Again this is if money isn't an issue. If money is an issue, go for a second hand D200 as many are popping up in the BnS. This is a similar time to when fujifilm released their s5pro.. Since the announcement of D300, many D200s are being sold off at cheap prices. The money you save from a cheap second hand D200 can be used to get a good lens.

Let's not go into the specifics of whether you use all the features because without a doubt more features are definitely better - gives you room to grow.

ya! agreed with u. price are pretty good at BnS.had try bidding for that too,but before commiting to D200.just make sure this time NO REGRET!
tks for your advise peepeedog...good day 4 you!

Without a doubt D300. It's like buying a D2Xs but better and cheaper, though I would presume D2X series still have better weather sealing.

I upgraded from a D50 to D200 a few months back.

If l knew that the D300 will be out in this time frame, I'll not look back and just get the D300.

Nikon D300, previewed
Thursday, 23 August 2007 04:00 GMT

In addition to the FX format (Full-frame) D3 Nikon has also announced the new DX format D300 which also features a 12 megapixel CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, EXPEED image processor, sensitivity up to ISO 6400 (with boost), the new CAM3500DX AF sensor (51 point), HDMI video output, UDMA CF support and last but not least the super-impressive 3.0" 922,000 pixel LCD monitor with Live View. No ordinary Live View either as this one supports Auto Focus in two ways; using the current 'normal' mirror-drop / mirror-raise but also contrast detect in the same way as a compact camera (although slower). The D300 will be available in November, at around US$1800.

Good advise from u guys tks for sharing with me.

get a D300...D200 is outdated already...

If Vista is out, do u still want XP??? :bsmilie:

Of course, latest one! The most updated one! The trendiest one! :lovegrin:

hmm im currently using a D100...contemplating on whether to jump to D300 or jus go one step up to a D200....money is always an issue ;p

hmm im currently using a D100...contemplating on whether to jump to D300 or jus go one step up to a D200....money is always an issue ;p

if money is an issue, get second hand D200 and spend the rest of the money on lens. Bodies are not as important don't forget that!

if money is an issue, get second hand D200 and spend the rest of the money on lens. Bodies are not as important don't forget that!

body is important also...

I also in the same situation like u bro....... having a D70 and was thinking of upgrading to D200. Luckily, heard news of D300, so putting everything on hold now. At least by year end, price of D200 sure will drop to its lowest.

B&S D200 price still not so attractive leh... can save only $200-$300 for a 2nd hand set. Then might as well get a brand new D200. If get brand new one at about $2180, then might as well get a D300.

I got feedback that D200 is still a well tested set and the best value for money features. D300 looks attractive on paper but still not well tested. So am still deciding....

1 question like to ask you guy, does new camera have bugs? You know, like when u buy the latest software, they are often bugs and they have patches that u can download from their site to solve the problems...... does this happens to new camera too?

If you can wait, go for a D300. If you cannot, D200 price is very good for it's functions.

yes i will hold on till D300 to arrive then i will made my choice,give myself 2-3 more mths
to consider.200300200300200300200300....by then i geela already..hehe:bsmilie:
tks to all feedback...cheers!

no i'll stick to XP.. vista sucks.. and mac makes vista look boring

if you're budgeted a D200 will do the job, unless you're making a living from it

the extra 1k can be used to get lense :)

I sold off my Canon stuff (not alot though) and used my dad's Nikon D100 and am waiting for the D300, so I'm on the D300 side :p Maybe just to justify myself, I think you should get the D300!!

Eh.... bad comparision...
I still on XP, safer... less bugs than a new untested product.

Status
Not open for further replies.