upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meeh

Feb 1, 2002
Visit site
would appreciate help - i own a dinky little samsung digimax 130. it's not bad, but i would like to upgrade. saw the Sony DSC-P71 at $749 with 3.2 mega pixels and decided that i should upgrade.

i'm taking mainly point and shoot shots, just a spare to my SLR. but i would like to use the camera in low light situations WITHOUT flash.

i've been reading other posts on the IXUS V2 and 330 (looks great), A40, coolpix 2500 (no viewfinder!). My budget max is $750. what would u recommend (including the DSC-P71)?

the problem with the IXUS range is that it's only 2 mega pixels (any major diff between 2 & 3 px? I just need to print 4R shots) - also no mpegs too (i think).

what other cameras in that range should i look at?

sorry, but i very the lor sor.
thanks!

Originally posted by meeh
would appreciate help - i own a dinky little samsung digimax 130. it's not bad, but i would like to upgrade. saw the Sony DSC-P71 at $749 with 3.2 mega pixels and decided that i should upgrade.

i'm taking mainly point and shoot shots, just a spare to my SLR. but i would like to use the camera in low light situations WITHOUT flash.

i've been reading other posts on the IXUS V2 and 330 (looks great), A40, coolpix 2500 (no viewfinder!). My budget max is $750. what would u recommend (including the DSC-P71)?

the problem with the IXUS range is that it's only 2 mega pixels (any major diff between 2 & 3 px? I just need to print 4R shots) - also no mpegs too (i think).

what other cameras in that range should i look at?

sorry, but i very the lor sor.
thanks!

The DSC-P71 can be bought at a much lower price than $749. CP quoted $670 to me. :D

Originally posted by kylelam77
at750, the best to get is the oly 2040!!!!!!:D

ok, juz my distorted opinion......

That u can get at abt $650....the rest of the $$$ can be used for lens adapter + filters....

thanks! :)

but you guys are big fans of the olympus :) since i'm upgrading from a 1.3 mega pixel, should i be looking to a 3.2 px like the Sony instead of the 2 px Olympus??

does it matter?!?

Originally posted by meeh
thanks! :)

but you guys are big fans of the olympus :) since i'm upgrading from a 1.3 mega pixel, should i be looking to a 3.2 px like the Sony instead of the 2 px Olympus??

does it matter?!?

Maybe a 3.x mega would be better for you. Since your already at the 1.x mega range. To me.. the next level of upgrade would be Canon G2 or Oly 4040z.

Originally posted by misato

Maybe a 3.x mega would be better for you. Since your already at the 1.x mega range. To me.. the next level of upgrade would be Canon G2 or Oly 4040z.

But these 2 DCs r in the S$1.2K ~ $1.3K range.....

Maybe u can try the 3.3MP Olympus C-3020z...abt $800+ or the palm-size 4.1MP Olympus C-40z...abt $1.1K.

Originally posted by Jayan

But these 2 DCs r in the S$1.2K ~ $1.3K range.....

Maybe u can try the 3.3MP Olympus C-3020z...abt $800+ or the palm-size 4.1MP Olympus C-40z...abt $1.1K.

ah, i see. will take a look at the C-3020. the Canon G2 is quite attractive too, but like jayan said, way out of my range right now... a friend got the S40, very nice!

price is the major reason that i'm looking at the Sony P-71 - price is quite attractive for a 3.2 px camera ;) just that it's a tad bulky.

Status
Not open for further replies.