Upgrade D70 -> D80 or D40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the repairs cheaper than a new D80? Don't understand. :dunno:

QUOTE]

The repair does not make the D70 become a D80 :nono: Anyway, it is not worth spending $520 to repair a D70 with a resale value of $650.

calebk,

a brand new D70s body (if you can find 1) is abt $950. and there is no guarantee that after repair, it will last another year or 2. I've already send it in to repair the GBLOD previously.

It will more worth it to buy a new camera.

deadend,

you're spot on!

The same, i use D70 with 18-70 lens it still good enough for me. pls don't waste your money!!!

D70/ D70s has an outstanding feature that is hard to find in D80.

- Amazing battery lifespan

D70/ D70s has an outstanding feature that is hard to find in D80.

- Amazing battery lifespan

LModel,

i used to like the battery lifespan of my D70 until the DC\DC PCB died. A fully charged battery only last 2 days, regardless whether got any usage or not.

LModel,

i used to like the battery lifespan of my D70 until the DC\DC PCB died. A fully charged battery only last 2 days, regardless whether got any usage or not.
NSC.

Just my curiosity, the battery original or 3rd party battery?

Regards,
Arto.

calebk,

a brand new D70s body (if you can find 1) is abt $950. and there is no guarantee that after repair, it will last another year or 2. I've already send it in to repair the GBLOD previously.

It will more worth it to buy a new camera.

D70s is really so cheap at $950? any ideal where to get at this price?

Artosoft,

original battery.....
Hmmm..., how old is your camera and battery? If too old, maybe it is time to buy a new battery.

Continue with original battery...

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.