Up...

ahkit

Nov 30, 2008
Hi all,

I've post this picture awhile back in another topic. Want to see if i can improve it in anyway.

Thanks.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Colour, Composition
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To bring out the feeling of hope and freedom at the top of the stairs and desolation at the bottom of the stairs.
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Cramped and suffocating, awaiting a breath of fresh air at the top of the stairs.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I feel the picture give a sense of "medieval" feel and sort of a "light at end of tunnel" feel. Really liked the colour of the picture.

3104450167_d6a8aac81c_o.jpg

Hmm the bottom looks like it's paved with gold, why would I want to go to the top where it's just trees. It looks really spacious as well, and looking at how thick the branches are it seems more suffocating above. You could actually make it surreal by replacing the branches with a nice blue sky and white fluffy clouds. And colour correct the bottom to show it's really just a damp step.

Judging the photo on its own, it is quite graphic and can be an interesting piece. Maybe you'll want to rethink the overdone "freedom at the top" and just go in an entirely different direction. For example I'm sure there's many people out there who would want to use pictures regarding 'the steps to hell' etc etc