UOB photography contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigg said:
oic......tks yea..

anyway, no mention to mount the photo except those painting...should i just mount on cardboard?

the feeling is that...

maybe mounting on black mounting boards are acceptable and perhaps the norm for many artists and designers.

i don't think there's any hard and fast rules on mounting of photographs but one should respect one's own work and give it the most appropriate treatment in the face of such a high profile competition.

in short, ur mounting should show that u're proud of ur own work but perhaps not to the point of maximalism(wooden mounts with beautiful carvings etc.etc.).

i would most probably, in ur shoes, adopt a more minimalist style, mount my photograph neatly on a black mounting board.

cheers and all the best!!!

tks so much for the comprehensive reply.....where do i buy this black mounting board? from Artfrens in Bras Basah?

sigg said:
tks so much for the comprehensive reply.....where do i buy this black mounting board? from Artfrens in Bras Basah?

its simply called a mounting board and it can be purchased from all good bookstores. including Popular or even ur friendly neighbourhood bookshops. ;)

all the best!

sigg said:
if color but change to black and white, thats color change, can or not ah?

Btw, what is composite photos?

1) B&W = monochrome
Black & White are shades, not colours. :)

2) Composite photos = photo+photo+.... = stitching of images. :)

maybe hong leong bank's kwek leng joo already joined... :bsmilie:

user12343 said:
maybe hong leong bank's kwek leng joo already joined... :bsmilie:
i will send him your regards when i submit my photo :)

Latest update fr Celest of NAFA!!

She made a correction saying that any digital manipulations are allowed after consulting the chief judge of the contest. :)

**Note: All above infos are from Celest of NAFA @(65)65393989. Pls chk with her if you hv any further doubts.

must submit soft copy of print isit on cd?

mmm.....wonder how they will judge the grand prize winner since the four cat are on diff medium :confused:

rexlim said:
Latest update fr Celest of NAFA!!

She made a correction saying that any digital manipulations are allowed after consulting the chief judge of the contest. :)

**Note: All above infos are from Celest of NAFA @(65)65393989. Pls chk with her if you hv any further doubts.

wow ... that's a bold move. :thumbsup: but it also starts to challenge the whole idea of what exactly is a modern day photo and what is the modern day photography.

Hi, in the Rules & Regulations, it states that for digital shooters, they are to submit a minimum 8R print and together with it, a high resolution file.

So, does it mean that together with the 8R print, we submit along a RAW file of our photos on a CD ???

So what the hell the organizers are doing without giving any straight to the point rules & regulations? Or they just don't really know what the hell they are doing? :nono: :dunno: :think:

Spectrum said:
So what the hell the organizers are doing without giving any straight to the point rules & regulations? Or they just don't really know what the hell they are doing? :nono: :dunno: :think:

aiyah, just submit ler......few dollars investment for thousand dollars return.....no harm in trying :)

sigg said:
aiyah, just submit ler......few dollars investment for thousand dollars return.....no harm in trying :)

Don't quiet, quiet if you won few thousand dollars hah! ;p

Spectrum said:
Don't quiet, quiet if you won few thousand dollars hah! ;p

me win?...u think my avatar picture can win or not? :bsmilie:

sigg said:
me win?...u think my avatar picture can win or not? :bsmilie:

:think: :think: :dunno: ? Anyway, I think she can. Cute, cute u know? Hee...hee... :confused:

Spectrum said:
:think: :think: :dunno: ? Anyway, I think she can. Cute, cute u know? Hee...hee... :confused:

then i take your advice and send her.........show me the money!!!...:cool:

sigg said:
then i take your advice and send her.........show me the money!!!...:cool:

OK, OK, don't OT too much. Moderator(s) don't like that you know? Sorry har, moderator. :sweat:

if we submit in digital form, it's mean we need to burn it to a CD-R and also print out a copy for them? And then how to mount? And i choose to print out myself, what is the exact size for 8R? sorry bro,.. i'm a newbie here.. TIA :embrass: :sweat:

yewsc said:
if we submit in digital form, it's mean we need to burn it to a CD-R and also print out a copy for them? And then how to mount? And i choose to print out myself, what is the exact size for 8R? sorry bro,.. i'm a newbie here.. TIA :embrass: :sweat:

Tia,

8R is 8"x10" 2400px by 3000px

No worries m super newbie :)

Mount on cardboard..black is preferred i think

Status
Not open for further replies.