Unusual view of a Longkang

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccube78

Jan 6, 2004
I like the transition of the colour from white to deep blue. And the reflections of the flats give the viewer a clue as to what it actually is.

cb38a.jpg

this shot doesn't seem to interest me. the information in the frame doesn't tell any story to begin with. technique wise, the compostition and the angle of the shot are not unusual. the colours may be saturated but i find it hard to consider them beautiful in this frame as the colour doesn't communicate with any other elements in the picture.

Yep, it's at Bishan. Very observant indeed!

I personally feel a picture does not always have to tell a story, so long as it catches my eye, it's a good picture.

In this case, I thought the subject matter itself was quite unusual. Few people would take a second look at the drain to notice the saturated colours.

Anyway, thanks for the comments!

ccube78 said:
Yep, it's at Bishan. Very observant indeed!

I personally feel a picture does not always have to tell a story, so long as it catches my eye, it's a good picture.

In this case, I thought the subject matter itself was quite unusual. Few people would take a second look at the drain to notice the saturated colours.

Anyway, thanks for the comments!

i tend to agree and disagree. i did not say that every picture must tell a story, as i did follow up on the technical side of the picture, it doesn't attract me even on the 'surface' composition. maybe i do look into the drain sometimes for interesting frames and find this view just not interesting.

a very special Bishandrain.

i believe the tonal attenuation could have a greater visual effect if there werent icky bitsies breaking from the surface...
4 hues in the pic eh?

regards
Doug

I'm not sure how to count hues..haha..But the cluster of algae at the bottom of the pic is really irritating. Perhaps I should have tried to remove it using PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.