Unpleasant dealing with CSer azureflare

silence

Dec 2, 2006
Somewhere at the west..
Dear all... Apologies if I shouldn't be posting such small issue here but I would like to bring your attention to this CSer Azureflare(especially for Nikon UWA lenses sellers). I posted my Nikon 16-35mm f/4 for sale as I sold off my D800 and thie CSer approached me expressing interest. As my thread stated, the lens has a small dust speck inside(but not very significant) and the cosmetic condition of the lens is also not MINT - Therefore I priced it reasonably lower than market rate but it is in full working condition while definitely not for fussy buyers. We agreed to meet today at 3.30pm as I have a dealing at 4pm with my friend to help her get a 2nd hand DSLR. I wanted Azureflare to have ample time to test and check the lens condition to make sure that he is comfortable about it. He was late for almost 30mins and ended up clashing with the appointment deal with my friend's DSLR purchase. He seems to be very detailed and was very careful in checking/testing my lens. Since I need to divert my attention to my friend's DSLR purchase with another CSer, I let him have all his freewill to inspect and test the lens. My friend was very decisive with the deal and we completed the transaction within 15mins and it was for one of the latest high end fullframe DSLR(not a cheap deal).

Our dear Azureflare was still trying and deciding on the lens and I gave him some advise on it. I thought he was having issues with my lens condition but the he was quite satisfied with the optics and performance. He told me that he tested a 14-24mm f/2.8 yesterday but found it too bulky and heavy. He seemed to be unsure of what he wants but finally after almost 1+hrs he decided to get the lens from me. He asked to be excuse to withdraw the money for the lens purchase while we stay put at the cafe to wait for him. We waited almost 30mins and I was on the verge of calling him when I saw him coming back to us. He sat down and told me that he decided not to get the lens as he has another arrangement to view a 18-35mm UWA lens instead!!!! And he will need to go "test it out" before deciding which UWA lens to get. He even have the cheek to tell me that he will get back to me if he doesnt like the 18-35!!! I was really upset about this as I wasted more than 2hrs of my time for him to "test and try out" my 16-35 f4. How do you expect me to trust him and wait for him to get back to me if his next deal doesnt go through.. So his concern was he doesn't know if the lens would fit in his bag!!!! at that moment I remembered he told me he went to view and try out a 14-24 f2.8 yesterday and found it too bulky - I wonder who is the unlucky seller. Seriously, I do not understand why people can be so ridiculous. If you are unsure of what you want or if you want to test out all the different range of lenses, you can always go to the service centre or showroom to try all of them out. Bring your bag there to try and see if it fits. Only arrange to view and deal if you are very certain of what you want to get - Azureflare your are just wasting people's time being so inconsiderate.. To think I even do my best to share my experience as a fullframe user and on photography stuffs with him. Sighzzzz... Just my bad luck.... Sorry for ranting but I just want to warn potential Nikon UWA sellers about this guy.

Last edited:
Just ignore that fella from now on. You have every right not to sell to him. I wouldn't.

Just ignore that fella from now on. You have every right not to sell to him. I wouldn't.

yeah... even if he comes back to me tomorrow for a deal I also wont sell to him. I rather sell to other serious people. I hope he doesnt waste too much time of the next seller of 18-35mm again

Sorry to hear your experience man. Put this down to experience and ignore the fellow from now on.

What a flying piece of sheet!

You know what is that?

That stuff that comes shooting out when diarrhea and unfortunately the 3 of you ganna.

Whats his number? So that we all be careful in case he change account.