Unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
:embrass: I can't help it! I love doorways, archs, gates, etc... So here is yet another one.

Title: Unlocked
Comments: Wanted to convey a rather "dark"/eerie feeling. The gate is unlocked... but do you dare to venture further?

Technical: 1/3200s @ f3.2 for shallow DOF. Post processed slightly for colour saturation and adding the vignetting effect. Shot taken somewhere in the heart of town...

070813_0001.jpg

As always, all critique is welcome. Especially for "feel" and "composition".

There's much to like about this picture but I think it could have looked even gloomier. I would have like to see the the floor in front of the gate go abit darker. Also, possibly a slight tilt to reveal more of the darkened windows which are a nice touch by themselves because they resemble eyes of the house. Maybe you could also play on the colour of the rust to make it more red - like blood.

There's much to like about this picture but I think it could have looked even gloomier. I would have like to see the the floor in front of the gate go abit darker. Also, possibly a slight tilt to reveal more of the darkened windows which are a nice touch by themselves because they resemble eyes of the house. Maybe you could also play on the colour of the rust to make it more red - like blood.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions :) I will keep those in mind the next time I make a gloomy shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.