Uniquely Singaporean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see a table with packets of tissues on them, I just help myself and offer it to other patrons around my table to see if they need extra tissues :bsmilie:

Wah lau... Cannot imagine ganna fire gold... Dunno angry or laugh at this people...

:bigeyes:

I ever encountered this.

For people who work in Shenton Way will know how kiasu the people are during lunch time. Like if they dont eat that meal will die :confused:

Its like a standard thing to 'chope' seats/tables with packet tissues. Or just stand around and hope the person eat faster and leave. What makes me really angry is when you're obviously waiting by the table and then the person saw his/her friends and gave up the seats to the friends instead! Then, you can only open your eyes big big for other seats :angry:

:bsmilie: Last week when i was in a foodcourt face the same thing no place to seat so my friend tell me go buy food first while he look for a seat. so i went to get my food return after 10mins still cant find so i just stand there and look at those who are finnishing and when they look up i just smile at them within the next few mins the finnish everything n let me have their seats!:bsmilie:

keep the free tissue and used it after ur meals?:think: Provided that the pack is still new n unopened. :bsmilie:

Actually, had seen some angmoh did that ard golden shop area. lunch time, too pack, 2 angmoh wearing tie saw table "chop" using tissue, 1 of them kept the 2 packets and took the seats, the other went to gt food. When the ladies, who had use t he tissue to "chop" the seats return with their food tray, shock to see ppl seating at their place. they ask the angmoh if he had seen packets of tissue on the table nt. angmoh jus acted blur and saw he jus came, no see anithing on the table and assume ppl had jus left and he took the table. No choice, the ladies gt to :bigeyes: too look ard for empty table liao. ....haha

:think: wonder if the ladies learn their lesson?:bsmilie:

is very common everywhere in downtown... try raffles, somerset, orchard, etc... i saw even ppl using the mrt cards to chope the seats...

but look at the bright side: you'll know everywhere you'll go in this world how to see if is a singaporean... :think:

I also have seen people using their specs for 'lao hua yen' together wif newspaper chop the seat also:confused:

Those guys using mrt cards muz be rich ppl:bsmilie:

Oh dear...

To think of it, i have been using the free tissue at shenton way for few months... Did not realize it is use for chopping :bsmilie:

But then again, who ever say tissue can chop place ?

:think: How abt collect all those new packet of tissue sell n u have ur lunch subsidise?;p

i was in a very crowded foodcourt
couldn't find an (even half) empty table
So i stood next to a small table where a couple finishing their desert after meals. I was reading the book not trying to be rude ... obviously the couple knew i was waiting as it's very common there (ppl waiting to take over the table, at least in that food court, level3, JP fyi). I waited for ard 5 to 7 mins and out of nowhere came a guy, greeted the couple (maybe their friend, i'm not sure) talked 1, 2 sentences ... I and the guy sat down at the same time. I din even know that i wanted to take over the seat but obviously i was waiting there for several mins. He stared at me like i flew in to chop the seat ... then shook his head and left. I was like 'wtf' ... ;(

btw i'm not sporean, not sure bout the couple and the guy

:think: How abt collect all those new packet of tissue sell n u have ur lunch subsidise?;p

new foodcourt promotion," come here to eat n get 1 free packet of tissue on tables". :thumbsup:

A lot of people criticising those Shenton Way lunchtime people choping seats with tissue paper, umbrella, sanitary napkin, handkerchief, wallet, handphone, etc.

Have you thought about what YOU would do in their situation ? I don't work there but I had to spend a couple of weeks on course there. Lunchtime hours are regulated strictly by some companies (cannot go early come back late), long queues at the foodstalls (have to compete with those takeaway customers as well), by the time you get your food then look for table to sit, time's up liao, have to go back office oredi.

A lot of people criticising those Shenton Way lunchtime people choping seats with tissue paper, umbrella, sanitary napkin, handkerchief, wallet, handphone, etc.

Have you thought about what YOU would do in their situation ? I don't work there but I had to spend a couple of weeks on course there. Lunchtime hours are regulated strictly by some companies (cannot go early come back late), long queues at the foodstalls (have to compete with those takeaway customers as well), by the time you get your food then look for table to sit, time's up liao, have to go back office oredi.

tats y i only eat takeaway...

comeon. why complain about this? i prefer to chope seats than to wander around to find seats while holding on to food. i find it an ingenious little part of our culture. if you see a "choped" seat, find another one then, and just place whatever chopeing devices you have. i think most of you would want to have the feeling that you have a vacant seat after you ordered your food rather than doing some tray balancing acts while you search for seats.

so.......support the idea then!
274373500_96ed44af91.jpg

well.. i work in those areas for some years already... I don't think is an excuse, what about make ppl understand they don't need to stay the entire break and chitchat till the break end even after they finished to eat? is just about respect and understanding... btw, some places don't allow this kind of things.

how would u feel when waiting and waiting, the ladies at the table where you stay beside, will start to talk and talk and talk for 30 minutes? :sweat:

same with young guys/girls in mrt every morning... all are "sleeping"... so no need to offer the seats to someone older or a pregnant lady, etc... i guess next will be to chop the seats in mrt with tissues :) hahaha!!!!

comeon. why complain about this? i prefer to chope seats than to wander around to find seats while holding on to food. i find it an ingenious little part of our culture. if you see a "choped" seat, find another one then, and just place whatever chopeing devices you have. i think most of you would want to have the feeling that you have a vacant seat after you ordered your food rather than doing some tray balancing acts while you search for seats.

so.......support the idea then!
274373500_96ed44af91.jpg

Nice one, if u put that on sales, esp in CBD area, sure make profites one.

Nice one, if u put that on sales, esp in CBD area, sure make profites one.

i was thinking on april fool's, go buy a bunch of those tissues, then place on every seat.:bsmilie:

not oni "chopeing" of seats, there was one incident happened to me.

Was queueing at a stall for ard 5mins, super long queue. Queueing in front of me was 2 typical OL, chatting all the while. Soon, its was to b their turn with 2 more customers to go, thinking quick, order, take and go. Who noes, out of nowhere, 5 other ladies walked up to them and started chit chat, as the talk, they moved into the queue. I sae, W*F. everyone behind questioned, one of the FAT OL turned and yelled back:" they queue for us cannot har?" WTF, can jus like dat cut queue, we all waited for so long n yet they jus come order buy n go.

What happaned to all the curteousy campaign by the government? All gone down the drain with the rain??

not oni "chopeing" of seats, there was one incident happened to me.

Was queueing at a stall for ard 5mins, super long queue. Queueing in front of me was 2 typical OL, chatting all the while. Soon, its was to b their turn with 2 more customers to go, thinking quick, order, take and go. Who noes, out of nowhere, 5 other ladies walked up to them and started chit chat, as the talk, they moved into the queue. I sae, W*F. everyone behind questioned, one of the FAT OL turned and yelled back:" they queue for us cannot har?" WTF, can jus like dat cut queue, we all waited for so long n yet they jus come order buy n go.

What happaned to all the curteousy campaign by the government? All gone down the drain with the rain??

Go tell the govt that if they ever drive the white merc out, please wait for traffic... u can't rite... so they can do that... cos it works well with ppl who have power... obviously the FAT OL have the weight to do that... life suxs, thumbs are forever...

that was only for IMF lah... now they gone... so BAU ;)

It's as pathetic when I see ppl 'chop-ping' tables with packets of tissues :bsmilie:
young couple .....purposely 'cheoped' this table with the bottle you dare sit on this table? "
mayb i shall start APAD project of ppl 'cheop' seats....

Go tell the govt that if they ever drive the white merc out, please wait for traffic... u can't rite... so they can do that... cos it works well with ppl who have power... obviously the FAT OL have the weight to do that... life suxs, thumbs are forever...

:bsmilie: So the rule is to eat until fat fat then can push your way around...

Status
Not open for further replies.