Unfilled Warranty In B&S Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knighthunter

Sep 13, 2002
Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
I just curious, is this unfilled waranty valid without purchasing receipt? If the purchasing date is more than one year and warranty card is not filled, is this mean warranty still can be claimed? If yes is this ethical?
I am not addressing anyone but some statements in B&S forum regarding the unfilled warranty without stating date of purchase is really disturb me, like spider trying to trap the flies.
Just spilled my beans.......no means to offend anyone.

Originally posted by Knighthunter
I just curious, is this unfilled waranty valid without purchasing receipt? If the purchasing date is more than one year and warranty card is not filled, is this mean warranty still can be claimed? If yes is this ethical?
I am not addressing anyone but some statements in B&S forum regarding the unfilled warranty without stating date of purchase is really disturb me, like spider trying to trap the flies.
Just spilled my beans.......no means to offend anyone.

its not valid without the receipt.

Originally posted by Knighthunter
Can supply the link to the B&S forum?

Originally posted by Bean
Can supply the link to the B&S forum?
Please read my previous messege...this not addressed to any specific post in Buy and Sell forum. So I don't have any links!

I believe u need the receipt. Maybe long long time ago, you can get away with unfilled warranty. Also by not sending in the warranty, you may run into the risk of getting the warranty void. I notice the trend as well of putting unfilled warranty as a selling point in the buy and sell forum. :)

the canon lens wty card explicitly states that w/o proof of receipt ur lens can go fly kite...

Originally posted by ckiang

So better not ask for L lenses, etc for your birthday, christmas, etc coz no warranty. ;p

Regards
CK

you can ask for a sales receipt that doesn't indicate the price paid. standard practice in the US. Alternatively, you give me grey market L lens without warranty for christmas also can :cool:

So did anyone here tried using lucky draw gift, christmas present or birthday present as a "reason" to claim warrenty and suceed? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.