Unexpected cruelty

Status
Not open for further replies.
poor kitty. I hope it's okay now, and I hope the idiot who did what he/she/it did would be caught and prosecuted, or get his just desserts.

What a dastardly act...hope bad karma goes back to that person who did the deed. ;(

Hope your cat recovers fast.

That's the only important thing right now.

hope your cat recovers fast and well. tht is the only important thing right now.

such people will get their just desserts

wishing your cat a speedy recovery, she's really cute! :)

Sorry to hear that your lovely kitty was a victim of such a cruel act. I am sure that she will recover in no time under your tender loving care. Hope that the culprit will be cursed for the rest of his life and may he/she become a scum in his next life :angry:

Lou,

I'm so sorry to hear about this.

As DP mentioned, focus on nursing your cat back to health, then plan on whatever you need to.

I guess you would be aware, but the most crucial concern right now is infection. You could help by very gently swabbing the op-site with Chlorahexadine 0.05% (obtainable at any large pharmacy) and applying Tricine, a vetrinary supplied anti-biotic powder.

You might have to use an Elizabethan collar for a half-hour after cleansing and powdering, but if you do that thrice daily, it would help greatly at keeping infections from flaring up.

What kind of anti-biotics is your cat on?

Also, at least until sutures come off (if Prolene was used. If Vicryl was used, then about two weeks till it dissolves), and if possible, a week after, I would suggest strict confinement as that would aid controlling the environment your cat is in (infections and further injuries).

All the best and from the looks of it, your cat is doing quite well - perky and alert - that's a good sign. Just watch out for the infections.

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your kind words and concern.

Indeed, I will not play the detective. I have already suspition but no proff to accuse anyone. I'll leave it there and just keep an eye open.

For my cat, we have been back to the vet this morning as the wound is not drying up and is leaking some liquid. Fortunately, there is no inflamation.

The sad thing is that she has not passed motion since the "accident". Since the cut was very close to her tail and spinal cord, the fear of the vet is that the nerves of her spine could be damaged. If that would be the case, she might not be able to pass motion ever again. That could lead to putting her to sleep. :cry:

So she is now in observation. We are giving her some wet food and forcing her to drink to lubricate her intestine. she also is receiving some parafine to smoothen the process.

Well, we still feel very sad about the poor little animal.

The veterinary described again the cut. She said that it had been done in a straight line by a very sharp object. She clearly dismissed a fight with another animal.

Staying very professionnal, she speaks in term of an accident, but I have a very hard time imagining a cat falling on her rear end vertically on a sharp object.

She also said that since her flesh was out, it looked as if it was like a cloth that was pinned to a table and suddenly ripped away.

Frankly, nor the vet, nor me have an accurate idea of what could have exactly happened. But again, I have a very hard time thinking it has been an accident.

Thanks so much to all of you.

I am wishing you all a great year of the rat!

This is so terrible, I really hope your cat recovers well. My cat had an accident on Friday, cutting his paw badly and he needed stitches - nearly broke my heart to see him injured. If someone had inflicted the pain on him I seriously do not know what I would do if I found out who did it.

oh dear.... all the best to ur cat and hope she can fully recover.

I think this serves as a sobering reminder to all cat owners to PLEASE keep your cats indoors. You love your cats, but many of our neighbours don't. So if you love them, please keep them indoors so that there is no chance they will be abused or worse become objects of complains that often lead to entire colonies of community cats being culled as town councils dont go catch the right cat when there is a complain, they just catch every cat they see.

I think this serves as a sobering reminder to all cat owners to PLEASE keep your cats indoors. You love your cats, but many of our neighbours don't. So if you love them, please keep them indoors so that there is no chance they will be abused or worse become objects of complains that often lead to entire colonies of community cats being culled as town councils dont go catch the right cat when there is a complain, they just catch every cat they see.

yea that's the sad truth but the culprit should be made to pay to the full extent of the law ;(

yea that's the sad truth but the culprit should be made to pay to the full extent of the law ;(

Unfortunately that will never be the case here in Singapore. Our police's official stand is unless the act was caught in the act, they will not take any action. And this means some form of recording etc. We have heard of many cases of abuse but the witnesses have all opt to stay silent and honestly an animal's life is not exactly very valued. In fact people like us who speak up for animals are often labelled as social misfits, cat crazies, cat aunties. A recent I Journalist program on CNA also seeked to paint us in a very negative light as mad, unfriendly dirty people who fed cats. The police just do what they can and what they must under the law but dont expect any extra from them. One has to understand their position, their time can be better spent on cases that are deemed important and not such so called daily happenings. The law does cover animal abuse but often the perpetrator goes scot free as there are no witnesses or witnesses do not want to go to court. After all, who wants to waste time and money and to take leave to go to court for what? A cat???

It really doesn't help that more and more people are given the impression that animals are dirty creatures. Look at the complains about dogs at parks, at hawker centres, at owners kissing their dogs, cats in void decks, birds calling in the morning. Complains complains complains. Our ancestors got along fine with animals and nature but we the descendants have decided they are "vermin" and should be culled....

Until our future generations can be educated to treat animals as what Ghandi once said "I measure of how great a nation is, is how it treats it's animals" . What we can do is only to try to educate everyone to sterlize, keep their cats and dogs indoors and not let them wander.

Feel like crying.. I have 2 dogs and I protect them dearly.. Poor kitty.

Should set up neighbourhood watch. Everyone guard one direction from the top of the building with a 1200mm. Catch the fella and post his high res photo on the internet.

Unfortunately that will never be the case here in Singapore. Our police's official stand is unless the act was caught in the act, they will not take any action. And this means some form of recording etc. We have heard of many cases of abuse but the witnesses have all opt to stay silent and honestly an animal's life is not exactly very valued. In fact people like us who speak up for animals are often labelled as social misfits, cat crazies, cat aunties. A recent I Journalist program on CNA also seeked to paint us in a very negative light as mad, unfriendly dirty people who fed cats. The police just do what they can and what they must under the law but dont expect any extra from them. One has to understand their position, their time can be better spent on cases that are deemed important and not such so called daily happenings. The law does cover animal abuse but often the perpetrator goes scot free as there are no witnesses or witnesses do not want to go to court. After all, who wants to waste time and money and to take leave to go to court for what? A cat???

It really doesn't help that more and more people are given the impression that animals are dirty creatures. Look at the complains about dogs at parks, at hawker centres, at owners kissing their dogs, cats in void decks, birds calling in the morning. Complains complains complains. Our ancestors got along fine with animals and nature but we the descendants have decided they are "vermin" and should be culled....

Until our future generations can be educated to treat animals as what Ghandi once said "I measure of how great a nation is, is how it treats it's animals" . What we can do is only to try to educate everyone to sterlize, keep their cats and dogs indoors and not let them wander.

bs there've been cases where people have been charged for animal cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.