Understanding the theory of model shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
seankyh said:
Sometimes, I just want to shoot for the fun of it. Doesn't matter if its a model or not, its just something to shoot. If you had a gun in your hands, you'd be shooting tin cans. If you had a hammer, you'd be looking for something to whack.

There are those who are more professional and want to achieve better quality in their work.
There are those who just want to have fun and learn something along the way if they should stumble across the opportunity.

But I do agree. Wanting to learn proper portraiture/ glamour photography at tradeshows is like running east looking for a sunset.
i like the way you use examples as references. :cool:

Kagetsuki said:
I'm a newbie~ look at my CS status. And there are some things that I do not understand aoround here. after some observation it is clear that some photographers enjoy going to events and shooting trade show models.

Yes, your observation is correct padawan... there are indeed dark forces in the universe... and the dark side is strong... Many in training to be masters have fallen by the wayside. As you can see... most of the council are males and all who have gone over to the dark side are males too. It does not take a Gunguan or an Ewok to make the connection...:D

Kagetsuki said:
I do understand the difficulty and limitations in shooting at events. The lighting's not under your control, you have tonnes of people who might be blocking your shots... I also understand that it is through this that some obtain precious learning experiences. Some eventually branch out to doin portraits shots while some choose to remain shooting at events.

It is also at these tradeshows and events that the contacts of the 'models' were obtained. A thread offering to shoot these models would be started here in CS. Scurrying photogs would 'sign up' for these shoots if the girls are pretty, paying a small fee. The girls would bring several outfits to change. But there's no theme.

Indeed padawan, it is hard to resist the dark side. More so, if you are a youngling in training and unable to control the elements of the force. That is why, some take such events as training. For indeed, in the scum and villiany of trade shows, many scoundrals make contacts and shady deals. It is also in such events that the young padawan learns the limitation of the force. Not every species is susceptible to the forces of mind control.

Yes, some will be forever sucked up in such places and never make it to master. While others seek to profit from such dealings of the force.

But still, it is a choice for all. And as defenders of freedom, even this shall be allowed.:think:

Kagetsuki said:
Pardon my ignorance and pardon me if i sound arty-farty, but I do not understand the reasons behind these shoots. Most of them portray no mood. I see beautiful smiles from the 'models' but nothing beyond their eyes. What is it then, are the photographers trying to capture?

You are pardoned young padawan. A curious mind breeds preparedness in your training.

As a master, you should always see beyond the obvious. The dark force operates steathily and infiltrates us. It passes through us and binds us.

Whatever it seeks to capture, I can see that the dark side has failed to capture your heart. That is why you do not understand....:confused:

Kagetsuki said:
And another thing, trade show models are trade show models. it does not necessary mean that they know how to pose. there are so many categories of models: trade-show models, photography models, runway models etc etc. how then do you decide if she is suitable for a shoot? Just a pretty face?

Any answers?

Of course, just as anyone who wields a light sabre is not considered a jedi master, we should not make such assumptions. He could well be a butcher from Tatooine.;)

Just as we should not assume any female with 2 buns on her head is a Princess from the Royal Family of Alderaan, then we shall not assume any female in a dress or the lack of it, a model.:bsmilie:

Zplus said:
Yes, your observation is correct padawan... there are indeed dark forces in the universe... and the dark side is strong... Many in training to be masters have fallen by the wayside. As you can see... most of the council are males and all who have gone over to the dark side are males too. It does not take a Gunguan or an Ewok to make the connection...:D

Indeed padawan, it is hard to resist the dark side. More so, if you are a youngling in training and unable to control the elements of the force. That is why, some take such events as training. For indeed, in the scum and villiany of trade shows, many scoundrals make contacts and shady deals. It is also in such events that the young padawan learns the limitation of the force. Not every species is susceptible to the forces of mind control.

Yes, some will be forever sucked up in such places and never make it to master. While others seek to profit from such dealings of the force.

But still, it is a choice for all. And as defenders of freedom, even this shall be allowed.:think:

You are pardoned young padawan. A curious mind breeds preparedness in your training.

As a master, you should always see beyond the obvious. The dark force operates steathily and infiltrates us. It passes through us and binds us.

Whatever it seeks to capture, I can see that the dark side has failed to capture your heart. That is why you do not understand....:confused:

Of course, just as anyone who wields a light sabre is not considered a jedi master, we should not make such assumptions. He could well be a butcher from Tatooine.;)

Just as we should not assume any female with 2 buns on her head is a Princess from the Royal Family of Alderaan, then we shall not assume any female in a dress or the lack of it, a model.:bsmilie:

Hahahah~ your entire post just cracks me up. do you blog??

Kagetsuki said:
Hahahah~ your entire post just cracks me up. do you blog??

Hahahaa! Glad you like it... it was either this or lotr...
:bsmilie:

Used to blog but stopped for a while..... too busy...
(actually I got lazy...)
;p

Zplus said:

My young friend. The dark side is indeed strong. Take heed. You are in great mortal danger of being sucked deep into its vortex. Indeed you might have reached the point of no return. But light is there. Seek, and help will come.

Do not, do not give up your soul to the dark side..........You will have little soul left for your photos..............

Zplus said:
Just as we should not assume any female with 2 buns on her head is a Princess from the Royal Family of Alderaan, then we shall not assume any female in a dress or the lack of it, a model.

Any female with 2 buns on her head could be taken as Pricess of Dough, the daughter of Baker King. But look deep and see beyond the facade. She is no bun. She is sweet pork in interior.

We have been led to discover that any female in a dress could be a man too. The lack of it should reveal the truth to you if you find yourself in such predicament. The dark side will always want to trick you. You must resist the temptation and find true woman who is what she is without any aid of expensive painful surgery.

The path to true love is before our eyes if we want to see it. There is no door.

Status
Not open for further replies.