Ultimate Frisbee, not sports, cos its definitely posed.=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

This doesnt really qualify as sports, i think, because most of the shots were posed. feedback, though how to make the shots work better, will be much appreciated. Most shots were taken with no flash at shutter speeds about 1/800 thereabouts, and about f8 at ISO 200.

44952746.jpg

44952752.jpg

44952753.jpg

44952764.jpg

thanks for looking! even more thanks for feedback. ;)

nice blue sky u got there...well i feel that some of the pics are abit dark, might one to open up the aperture more or use a faster speed...and the last pic seems too cluttered, u might want to jus focus on one person and blur out the rest by using less DOF or jus focus entirely on one person. well thats jus my 2 cents worth, keep shooting :) cheers

Probably you might wanna try more tight shots and add more expressions since its posed... maybe not too much of smiling faces?? :)

Yeah exposure is definitely lower by about 0.5 to 0.7. Try fixing that.

This sports is played a lot in the States where I study at. Try catching some shots of people throwing the frisbee instead of just people catching it. Strangers to this have no clue how it's played, so it'll be nice if your photos can impart some information on that.

In my mind, I can also think of this shot from the back of the thrower, maybe catching a bit of his/her side, with a bunch of pple in the distance OOF, something like that. Just some quick thoughts...

sehsuan said:
quite nice, actually. good for editorial stuff, IMHO.

sehsuan, i forgot the links you gave me.... so far i remembered sportshooter only.

what's the address to the bicycle photographer? and you told me about 2 more. thanks!

fadzuli said:
nice blue sky u got there...well i feel that some of the pics are abit dark, might one to open up the aperture more or use a faster speed...and the last pic seems too cluttered, u might want to jus focus on one person and blur out the rest by using less DOF or jus focus entirely on one person. well thats jus my 2 cents worth, keep shooting :) cheers

Hi Fadzuli, yeah, agree that theyre a bit dark, probably gotta ps a bit. all the shots were straight out of the camera. so alamak. still not at the point where the shot straight out of the camera can make it.

SMC, thanks for the comments. Also, agree with your points

datalore, yeah i have some where its the thrower from the back, but cudnt seem to capture the moment.

Sehsuan, yep these are kinda for poster/marketing kinda stuff for the club to the freshmen. haha

the rest of the shots are at www.pbase.com/drummercowphotography/frisbee

Thanks all for the comments.=)

Status
Not open for further replies.