U.S. Olympus television advertising

Thinking back, beyond the U.S. Open advertising during the U.S. Open, it's been a very long time since Olympus advertised on television in the U.S.A. In fact, Cheryl Tiegs, the supermodel was hawking the OM-10 at the time.

Just today, I saw an advertisement for the PEN series where a woman was carrying the E-PL1 while talking about what it was. At the end, the surprise as she said, was that the whole advertisement was made from recordings using PEN cameras.

I thought it was a rather dramatic moment. Other manufacturers talk about a feature or two but they don't show you what that actually means. This was quite clever.

I thought it was a rather dramatic moment. Other manufacturers talk about a feature or two but they don't show you what that actually means. This was quite clever.

Canon's been doing that for more than a year now (at least in North America)...at the end or start of the commercial they say this commercial was filmed on a Canon xxx.

Thinking back, beyond the U.S. Open advertising during the U.S. Open, it's been a very long time since Olympus advertised on television in the U.S.A. In fact, Cheryl Tiegs, the supermodel was hawking the OM-10 at the time.

Just today, I saw an advertisement for the PEN series where a woman was carrying the E-PL1 while talking about what it was. At the end, the surprise as she said, was that the whole advertisement was made from recordings using PEN cameras.

Oh no OM-10! Wow, how time flies! That was my baby when I was still in school ... love every minute with it. Sadly in Singapore, I only saw the Olympus advertisement once or twice on TV. Since then, have not seen it at all. Guess marketing $$ is low.

At least there's YouTube for really free medium for all to advertise!

Cheers folks!

Completely different. It was a while ago and I didn't record it, but it seems it was showing how to use the interactive guide feature to fix your photos before you take them.

Hmmm.... That's cool,personally,I didn't fiddle with the E-PL1 long enough to completely understand the interactive guide :bsmilie: but its simple that's for sure

I saw it too but this one is more awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOxpKdmVvlk

"One year after The PEN Story we present our second stop motion project:
355 pictures have been taken, printed in billboard size and shot again.
The video was produced with the Olympus PEN itself. No tricks or computer animation at all.

Special thanks to Takeuchi Taijin for his support and direction. We hope you enjoy it!"

Oh, and this is for the e-p1 a year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Et7UQh1tg

Thanks for sharing,those videos sure were entertaining,I'm still in a little bit of shock that they actually printed that side and shoot :eek:

Oh, and this is for the e-p1 a year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Et7UQh1tg

I was going to mention this one since they had shot 60,000 pictures for it, developed 9,600 prints and shot over 1,800 pictures for the final video...but then I realized that you posted the link already.

The only thing I wonder about that video is what happened to the wife and daughter...did they have an ugly divorce because of his camera hobby, or did he simply have them killed off because they wouldn't pose for the pictures anymore? :bheart:

Seriously, you want to know what happened to them! :dunno:

I was going to mention this one since they had shot 60,000 pictures for it, developed 9,600 prints and shot over 1,800 pictures for the final video...but then I realized that you posted the link already.

The only thing I wonder about that video is what happened to the wife and daughter...did they have an ugly divorce because of his camera hobby, or did he simply have them killed off because they wouldn't pose for the pictures anymore? :bheart:

Seriously, you want to know what happened to them! :dunno:

It did occur to me what happened to them but never gave much thought to it :bsmilie:

Just an add-on..

D90 did one simple scenery video-graphy advertisement utilizing D90's video mode and stating the whole thing was filmed on a D90 too when it was released.

Surely such ads does amaze most of the audience, but those who are familiar with the production would truly know whats going on.