TTL cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANDOSE8

Jan 27, 2007
hello Everybody,

Need some help. I am intending to buy a flash cable SC-17 for taking close up. I also came across the newer ones that is SC-28 and SC-29. I am now using D-70s , just quite confuse which one should i get. and if there is any difference between them.
There is also one more question, I also fit my Manual lens to the D70s and there is no exposure reading on the camera so i have to try a few shots before i can get the right exposure. Is there an easier way to this. Thank you all and hope to hear from you soon.

best regards

The main difference between SC-28 and SC-29 is that SC-29 has an addition AF-illuminator that will help the camera to Auto-Focus in low lighting conditions. The price difference however does not justify this additional capability. I would recommend SC-28 instead of SC-29.

You can also try without the use of TTL cable since you are using D70s as your body. That is mean to trigger you flash (SB-800 or SB-600 or SB-R200) remotely without the cable.

- Go to menu, option number 19, you can choose your pop-up flash to be the "commander".
- From there, you can control your remote flash to fire in TTL or manual mode.
- Set your flash (SB-800 or SB-600 or SB-R200) to Channel 3, Group A.
- Place your remote flash within line-of-sight of your pop-up flash

Thank you very much Youhong for your advice. Can i also ask , sometime i see when photographers take close up, they have a kind of mount that can put the flash head on it and can be adjusted to where the light is needed. Do they seel this kind od adjustable mounting or do we make ourself. Thanks once again. Rgds

Thank you very much Youhong for your advice. Can i also ask , sometime i see when photographers take close up, they have a kind of mount that can put the flash head on it and can be adjusted to where the light is needed. Do they seel this kind od adjustable mounting or do we make ourself. Thanks once again. Rgds
If you are really keen in shooting closeups and macros, you can consider the R1C1 setup.

Here's the link
http://www.nikondigitutor.com/eng/r1c1/index.shtml

I have just started taking close up photos and want to use the equiptment that i currently have. Am still learning ,do you have any advice on close up photpgraphy for me. Currently my D70s do not have any exposure reading when i fit with my manual lens so got to shoot on trail and error. also am considering the D200.

Status
Not open for further replies.