Not open for further replies.

Sawthree

Apr 30, 2007
Northern
comments and information and lesson for me please..thank you
P1080618.jpg

deleted

deleted

Increase the DOF slightly and get a higher shutter speed to reduce your movement blur.

Also, the flowers seem over-exposed. Do note on that.

Very nice butterfly, but why is the flower so exposed? did you do a post processing? I personally think that it'll be better if the butterfly is clear and sharp. :)

1. Beautiful butterfly with striking colour.
2. Photo appears to be over exposed and out of focus, or hand shake
3. Flower is way too bright (over exposed) that destroyed it beauty
4. Think there is a soft blur effect but it didn't work for the photo

to be brutally honest
i do not like this picture

maybe sharpness is a bourgeois concept
but it is my preference for almost all macros that there be some sharpness, if not can just use nonmacro lens or nonmacro equipment to take it and call it macro
and of course, we all want to see the eyes in sharp focus at the bare minimum

i am not sure what you have done here, perhaps diffuse glow + some soft blur effect
but it does not relaly work, gives a very unnatural feeling, out of this world is fine, but this is way out

but otherwise, this is a difficult butterfly to capture with wings open, if i recall
one of the pansies? no butterfly expert

to be brutally honest
i do not like this picture

maybe sharpness is a bourgeois concept
but it is my preference for almost all macros that there be some sharpness, if not can just use nonmacro lens or nonmacro equipment to take it and call it macro
and of course, we all want to see the eyes in sharp focus at the bare minimum

i am not sure what you have done here, perhaps diffuse glow + some soft blur effect
but it does not relaly work, gives a very unnatural feeling, out of this world is fine, but this is way out

but otherwise, this is a difficult butterfly to capture with wings open, if i recall
one of the pansies? no butterfly expert

Blue Pansy. They rest open wing on the grass in the late morning and late afternoon if you know where to look for them.

not very sharp, use monopod to steady your shot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.