Try at Abstract ( Feedbacks needed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
Hi, here's my humble 1st attempt at abstract photography. C&C is generously welcome. Please let me know how you feel or thought when you saw these photos too. Thanks alot :)

"The Marring Of Time"
abstractcollage.jpg

I guess it worked because I haven't a clue what I am looking at. What do these look like in colour?

paxluv said:
I guess it worked because I haven't a clue what I am looking at. What do these look like in colour?

Thanks. In colour they look very dull and the pan effect isnt as vivid and strong as when in B&W.

paxluv said:
I prefer to disagree with your comment. Having no clue what the picture about doesn't means a picture is abstract. I strongly disagree with people who make blur blur shaky shaky non sense picture and simply call it 'abstract'. It's something like using art genre to hide their mistake.

As for the pictures, before i comment further, i would like to know the idea behind this series. However for the first glance, only the last picture suggest me a feel of wave. Others i dont get any meaning at all being frank.
Hope you dont mind my direct comment.

No probs Angel, Thanks for your comments. This series is actually show with the subject being a glass bowl, silica beads and a small clock. I shot this with the intention of trying to portray how time seems to be "running and twirling" around us that it kinda left me in confusion from time to time. I also shot it in hope of having people like yourself to help me discover what abstract photography is about. Thanks for your frankness.

in that case, i dont get any idea of 'time that is running out' as what you have explained. As for the abstract photography, had some discussion wif stereobox. He said he gonna PM you about that. I believe he will be able to put it more clearly than me =)
Basicly my idea of abstract photography is to keep the very basic idea of what you want to convey.

But once again, what work for me might not work for others. What doesnt work for me might work for others. I dont see any feel of time that running and twirling with these images - but some people might feel that.

AngelZhou said:
in that case, i dont get any idea of 'time that is running out' as what you have explained. As for the abstract photography, had some discussion wif stereobox. He said he gonna PM you about that. I believe he will be able to put it more clearly than me =)
Basicly my idea of abstract photography is to keep the very basic idea of what you want to convey.

But once again, what work for me might not work for others. What doesnt work for me might work for others. I dont see any feel of time that running and twirling with these images - but some people might feel that.

Okies. Thanks alot Angel. :)

but still, its a good things to try a new thing! Keep it up, bro =)

Apart of i dont think it work as abstract photography, I do find last pic is an eye candy.

Yo, bro! The feeling I get after seeing the 1st 2 pics is confusion. Especially the blurriness of the 2nd pic, made me a bit giddy ;p

The last 2 pics, not just the last one, gave me the feel of rushing water :)

=) hee thanks Angel, Wiz. :) I think i learnt one thing for sure. Abstracts should stand alone as one pic. Maybe it'll be clearer that way :bsmilie:

Dun mind my honest feedback to you. Is pretty messy in all this picture. Seem like very hard to capture the feeling you wanted to express about marring time. Maybe some part of each picture would be in a sharper form would be better. It sure doesn't make any person eye stare at a prolonged timing, might cause giddness when i look at it. But i do like the way you convert it to b&w.

rickygck said:
Dun mind my honest feedback to you. Is pretty messy in all this picture. Seem like very hard to capture the feeling you wanted to express about marring time. Maybe some part of each picture would be in a sharper form would be better. It sure doesn't make any person eye stare at a prolonged timing, might cause giddness when i look at it. But i do like the way you convert it to b&w.

Thanks for the comment. Will take not of it and work harder in future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.