Tripods

Status
Not open for further replies.

CityStone

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
Hi all!

Would be going overseas, and I am thinking of bringing a tripod along with me. However the one I have now is big and bulky and the idea of lugging it around is not very inviting...

Does anyone know of any small, lightweight (but full sized) tripods? Umm, but as I am on a tight budget, hopefulyl can be cheap too!! ;)

Thanks!

You can try e slik sprint pro. bought it 4 travelling cos it was light (at 850g) n with decent features. can only support up to 2kg but tts not a problem unless u r using dslr. u can get it at abt $80 n well worth every cent of it.

hmm.... then would you advise getting a small tripod instead (those that only extend a bit).... would it be a good alternative to a full sized one?

Like to say that a light, full-sized tripod is not very stable cos it will tend to be head heavy after mounting the camera.

I have a fren who had a bad experience where his tripod toppled under windy conditions... :confused:

hi, where can i buy the slik sprint pro tripod at $80?

u mean a dslr is more than 2kg? will the tripod be wobbly if i use it with a s2 pro? thx!

check with MS Color or Alan Photo.

a DSLR/SLR with a light lens should be doable. but definitely not a DSLR/SLR with a heavy telephoto.

i use the sprint pro with a slik 800 ballhead with s2pro, mb16 and the 70-300 AFD lens all the time. not a problem.

sorry if i am asking a dumb qn, but doesnt the slik sprint pro already come with a ballhead?

or is it bcos u want a quick release type that the slik 800 provides? thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.