tripod

rainduet

Nov 4, 2015
SG
I know this has been asked a lot of times on Clubsnap already and have read a few of the previous threads but they do not suit my needs. I need a tripod (with a head), in the range of $500. I want to get a fluid head as I shoot videos mainly. As for the legs, I prefer something that is multi function e.g. Detachable monopod. I'm looking for legs that extend to about 155cm. What are your suggestions? I've been considering the Benro SystemGo, and the Sirui N series, together with a 502hd head

I know this has been asked a lot of times on Clubsnap already and have read a few of the previous threads but they do not suit my needs. I need a tripod (with a head), in the range of $500. I want to get a fluid head as I shoot videos mainly. As for the legs, I prefer something that is multi function e.g. Detachable monopod. I'm looking for legs that extend to about 155cm. What are your suggestions? I've been considering the Benro SystemGo, and the Sirui N series, together with a 502hd head

As mentioned before in previous thread, the main thing about a tripod (and tripod head) is whether they can handle the weight of your equipment. So many of us would proposed that you bring the heaviest setup of your equipment to the shops and test out their tripod to see if it can handle the weight.

My setup is just about 1kg, so I'm pretty sure most of the tripod a can handle it's weight.

My setup is just about 1kg, so I'm pretty sure most of the tripod a can handle it's weight.

Then it really boils down to your individual preference. No one can tell u what to get. U go try in shops and make your own decision.

SystemGo and Sirui N sound good. Don't have any exp with these modular tripods, but they both sound good...
Can't go wrong with a 502hd head either. Nothing else to suggest really. 1kg is a pretty light setup, almost anything will work.

One last question - the 502 head will fit those legs right?

One last question - the 502 head will fit those legs right?

Should be. The MVH502AH has a 3/8" female thread. The tripod legs should have a 3/8" male thread. If you buy the head first, you can always bring along to test...

New-Benro-SystemGo-GC268TV2-Professional-Tripod-Kit-Carbon-Fiber-Tube-with-Tripe-Ball-Head-for-Canon.jpg

Thank you kandinsky. I'll head down to Funan this weekend I guess.