Tripod query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Jan 17, 2005
Hi there,

I've recently bought a nikon D80, and now i'm planning to buy a tripod. My questions are:

1) Is it necessary to buy a tripod with separate head and body?
2) For my height of 175cm, what's d recommended height of tripod that i should be getting?
3) With a budget of S$200 - S$250, any recommendation which tripod to buy for my nikon d80 with 18-135 lens?

Thank you.

Hi there,

I've recently bought a nikon D80, and now i'm planning to buy a tripod. My questions are:

2) For my height of 175cm, what's d recommended height of tripod that i should be getting?
3) With a budget of S$200 - S$250, any recommendation which tripod to buy for my nikon d80 with 18-135 lens?

Thank you.

1) Not really necessary
2) Not much of a problem i think, I'm using a SLIK Sprint Pro 3Way and it extends well above my eye level (I'm about your height).
3) I suggest you make a trip down to the shops and looks for a sturdy one, you be able to find decents ones that fall within your price range.

A Manfrotto 190XPROB + 486rc2 Ball-head will cost roughly S$250 - 300, but is extremely steady, a tad heavy, and will last you a very very long time. I trust manfrotto or gitzo for tripods. Get a Benro if you're on a budget.

I am abt yr height. Try to get a tripod with height between 1400mm - 1500mm so that you don't have to bend down to shoot. Hurts the back. Best is you go down to the shop to try out, get the feel before deciding which to buy.

Not really necessary but if u r looking for specific characteristics in a tripod and ballhead, u might have to get them seperately. For example, the gitzos are great for their tripod quality but there are better ballhead makers

A tripod that u do not need to stoop too badly to shoot. generally after mounting the camera the height to the viewfinder shld be comfortable. Some recommend abit more height so when u shoot on a slope the tripod height compensates for the loss of height.

Gotta check with the shops.

Ryan

you can get Benro tripods from Jack006.. he has a thread in the Mass Sales section.. I'm using the A550EX + KS-0.. no complains.. :)

Thanks guyz. I'll see what i can get in KL. (Might even get it in sg) Coz i have the impression that sg has more choices, available stocks and better prices compare to KL. lol. Hope im wrong.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.