Nov 14, 2007
hi csers, which kind of tripod have height of
170cm - 180cm (fully extent)
max load weight - 3-4kg

as for the head which can be tilt.

budget for tripod + head is 120-130

thanks. :)

hmm how abt manfrotto, benro & silk?

manfrotto definitely out of your budget. the tripod itself is already beyond your budget. slik can consider actually. but the cheaper ones are flimsy. benro i have no idea. but iirc, it is slightly higher than what you have set aside as well.

Benro is actually not bad consider the prices it offers is very attractive. Of course, PPCP tripod is good too.

thanks for all the comments. any more recommendation? the ppcp kinda out of budget. benro max operating height is too short.

Maybe you can search around for 2nd hand one.

hi csers, which kind of tripod have height of
170cm - 180cm (fully extent)
max load weight - 3-4kg

as for the head which can be tilt.

budget for tripod + head is 120-130

thanks. :)

may i ask if you are 190-200cm tall? if not why is there a need to stretch up to 170-180cm tall? you can get a tripod that reaches 15-20cm below your height, either maximally extended (less stable, but cheaper and lighter) or unextended (can go beyond 180cm if extended, more stable unextended, but heavier and more expensive).

at your budget, it is difficult to recommend decent branded tripods or even bootlegs (costing more than your quoted price if you are looking for a match of separate tripod head and legs at less than S$130). of cos there might be possibilities i might not know of, but i think you might have to source for unbranded (or brands unheard of) tripods, more typically those that can have tripod head and legs made into one.

for the cheapest branded tripod of decent quality, PPCP. the next line may be slik, giottos and velbon, and above that feisol and manfrotto.

Maybe you can search around for 2nd hand one.

yah, agree, that is a fine recommendation. i feel that tripods are among some of the stuff that lasts the longest and works well even when old.

I think you might be asking for the moon with your specifications and price limit.

I would say if you're buying new, you have two choices,

PPCP tripod with standard ballhead $99.00

Basic benro tripod with basic ballhead $120

For myself, I'm getting a PPCP tripod as it's designed in Singapore and I don't wish to use a knock off of a famous brand of tripods.

Samuel

by the way, for tripod height, you should also factor in about 10cm for the height contributed by the head, ie. a tripod that is 160cm, after you add the head will be 170cm...:)

by the way, for tripod height, you should also factor in about 10cm for the height contributed by the head, ie. a tripod that is 160cm, after you add the head will be 170cm...:)
and another 10cm+ for the camera + grip

and another 10cm+ for the camera + grip
oh yah... missed that out... cause the viewfinder is near the top of the camera... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.