Tripod for PnS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny

May 15, 2003
Pasir Ris, Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a tripod for my compact Canon A510.
Since its so light and small, I guess probably any cheap tripod will do ?
Hopefully the cam can be mounted horizontally and vertically on the tripod..
Any cheap and good recommendations?

Thanks all.
Kenny

There are a lot of cheap, no-name brands that will be fine. I got one with a removable hot-shoe (very handy!!!) for about 25 SGD from a Fujifilm photo developing shop.

There are a lot of cheap, no-name brands that will be fine. I got one with a removable hot-shoe (very handy!!!) for about 25 SGD from a Fujifilm photo developing shop.
eh hot-shoe? i think you mean quick release plate... anyway I would actually suggest a slik sprint pro and probably a quick release from giottos... total damage would be about $120, but it is even good enough for dSLR + kitlens. :thumbsup:

Don't waste money buying expensive tripod for a PnS. Just get what Rashkae recommend. That will do just fine.

True, but don't get those that feels so filmsy. And a quick release plate is a must for the convenience.

Hey thanks guys for the recommendations!
So where should I get them ? just any random shop ?
I'm not familiar with the market because I dun window-shop for camera stuff :p

Cheers
Kenny

Hey thanks guys for the recommendations!
So where should I get them ? just any random shop ?
I'm not familiar with the market because I dun window-shop for camera stuff :p

Cheers
Kenny

Most random shops, yup. But I suggest you stay AWAY from sim lim and peninsula plaza. Just go to the fujifilm/kodak development studios or the places in funan. Do NOT get conned into spending more than $50.

By the way, my el-cheapo tripod with the quick-release plate is rock-steady even with an A100 and a nice, heavy, all-metal "beercan" lens. It has a level meter too. :)

Hi can tell me like which outlet sells it? seems like some of the fuji dev shops dun carry tripods...

Eeeeh.... I got mine 2+ years ago at the one in UE square

Status
Not open for further replies.