black color
total weight <2.5kg
max capacity at least 3.5kg

budget: <$200

Thanks

garou12

Deregistered
May 15, 2007
personally i want to avoid alu tripods coz from experience they break too easily on me...how much does the cheapest carbon fiber ones cost these days?

garou12

Deregistered
May 15, 2007
don't remember the brand but i've used a couple of them and they were either filmsy or unsteady because they kept tilting over even after i tightened them and set the composition...

FilterFunk

Apr 1, 2006
&#21351;&#40857;&#23703;
personally i want to avoid alu tripods coz from experience they break too easily on me...how much does the cheapest carbon fiber ones cost these days?
unless you are talking about those $20-40 kind of aluminium i would be really impressed if you can break a $200-300 manfrotto/slik/benro/etc aluminium tripod under Normal usage.. :dunno:

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
unless you are talking about those $20-40 kind of aluminium i would be really impressed if you can break a $200-300 manfrotto/slik/benro/etc aluminium tripod under Normal usage.. :dunno:
erm... yeah. unless TS happened to load the latest sigma big mama... :think:

anyway, the latest manfrotto 190XB tripod looks good. manfrotto re-designed the centre column. now, u dun need to remove the entire column just to lower ur tripod to the ground. they have a very clever, IMO, locking mechanism for the column now. check it out at the usual reputable dealers ard peninsular/city hall area! ;)

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/off/pid/13144?livid=68|69&idx=71

garou12

Deregistered
May 15, 2007
They prob were that cheapo kind wouldn't surprise me. How much does the one you recommended run for?

Morphis

Sep 28, 2005
Eastside Boyz
flickr.com
Woah. :sweat: How did ya did it?:confused:

I have three sets of alu. Manfrotto tri & monopods who have travelled offshore, highlands or overseas wif me. Still in good pristine condition so I still cant find any valid excuse besides weight to convert them to carbon.

Care to advice?:think:

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
They prob were that cheapo kind wouldn't surprise me. How much does the one you recommended run for?
FilterFunk has already given a good ballpark figure. just need to add another $50-$100 for a decent tripod head to go with it.

if costs is a concern, get them in Buy/Sell. there are plenty of decent tripods on sale most of the time.

garou12

Deregistered
May 15, 2007
You mean you have to buy the head separately?!:bigeyes: Sorry if i sound dumb but i've never shopped for tripods before...

Morphis

Sep 28, 2005
Eastside Boyz
flickr.com
You mean you have to buy the head separately?!:bigeyes: Sorry if i sound dumb but i've never shopped for tripods before...
Now I catch ya ball. Most of da Cheapo alum. tripods have their heads mounted on da centre column and they r usually not mobile. So many a times when tightening da head cause da setup focus off. It's worth it to spend within ya limits for a good setup.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom