Tripod advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilearn

Sep 9, 2008
I'm seeking for a tripod and hope the pros out there can advise me

I'm using a 450d with 17-55 and just got my 430EX II
Not sure of the exact weight but which tripod would suit me best?
I plan to use it for traveling so preferably lighter and more compact yet sturdy ones
I read around and it seems like manfrotto is one of the favourite but are apparently >50cm folded

Also, I would be travelling to Japan in Dec, would it be cheaper to get it there?

hmm, you can try slik sprint pro which can support your setup for cheap and light weight tripod.. thats my travelling tripod..

hmm, you can try slik sprint pro which can support your setup for cheap and light weight tripod.. thats my travelling tripod..

Hi, how much did you pay for the slik sprint pro? i thought of getting 1 as my trabelling tripod because of the weight advantage. thanks.

I am interested to know as well. Please post the price of the tripod if possible. Otherwise, you can pm me also.

Thanks in advance.

yea yea....pm me too.

I just got the SLIK PRO 340DX recently. Not too heavy and support up to 4kg load. Nice!

sprint pro should be under the $100 mark, although its able to support the weight, it would be nearly at it limit with ur setup. beside the default ballhead ain't exactly good for relatively heavy setup as well, its recommended to change to a better head.
IMHO a better option might be the 340dx, its heavier but easily under 1.5kg once u change to a light but good ballhead. price wise is pretty good at $130+/- as well.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.