Tried Fuji Superia 800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snoweagle said:
But over a bit then gone le mah...
Yah lor.. left a piece of transparent plastic lor..

LKSC said:
If you intend to print your shots you are better off shooting print film rather than slides, unless you are prepared to do a fair amount of Photoshop tweaking to match colour and luminosity, or paying for high quality Imacon or drum scans. Slides do not scan easily on minilab CCD scanners.

LKSC is right. It's not easy to get a good scan for slides and even after that, you'll need to spend time tweaking the colors. If you really need to scan slides, can check with KEX. I've seen his prints from digital images of scanned slides.
Pretty good. And i mean big prints.

lsisaxon said:
Yah lor.. left a piece of transparent plastic lor..

Must really wait to see the results on my slides, still haven't finish taking them though and it's still in my EOS 30. But this first roll is so call my 'experimental' roll so i'll know where i go wrong if it turns out blank or blurred.

Snoweagle said:
Must really wait to see the results on my slides, still haven't finish taking them though and it's still in my EOS 30. But this first roll is so call my 'experimental' roll so i'll know where i go wrong if it turns out blank or blurred.
It will not turn oout blank unless you really really over expose it.. I think the worse you will get may be some blur or shakes. I think it shouldn't be a problem and you'll learn from there. :)

lsisaxon said:
It will not turn oout blank unless you really really over expose it.. I think the worse you will get may be some blur or shakes. I think it shouldn't be a problem and you'll learn from there. :)
Yeah i suppose so....but for slides everything must be perfect for it to look at it's best. :)

Snoweagle said:
Yeah i suppose so....but for slides everything must be perfect for it to look at it's best. :)

dun sweat it bro. process your first roll and work from there :)

madmacs said:
dun sweat it bro. process your first roll and work from there :)

My 1st roll's still in my cam, took only 11 shots so far, still have yet to shoot more things with it.

Hi there, on negative and slide exposure.

Just add on to madmacs on negative and slide exposure latitude.

All negative film should be overexposure by at least one stop to eliminate the grain. Negative has 3 stop latitude, thus you do not have to worry about overexposing it.
In addition, it is best to send to a good lab, it helps.

I shoot outdoor portraiture using superia 800 iso or asa, believe it or not,is up to you.
And I can enlarge it to 4rs without much grain visibility, lab help alot.

As for slide, it is best to underexpose it by half a stop for richer colour saturation.

That is all from my experience.

This is all I have to share, go try it.

Regards
chunsan

chunsan said:
Hi there, on negative and slide exposure.

Just add on to madmacs on negative and slide exposure latitude.

All negative film should be overexposure by at least one stop to eliminate the grain. Negative has 3 stop latitude, thus you do not have to worry about overexposing it.
In addition, it is best to send to a good lab, it helps.

I shoot outdoor portraiture using superia 800 iso or asa, believe it or not,is up to you.
And I can enlarge it to 4rs without much grain visibility, lab help alot.

As for slide, it is best to underexpose it by half a stop for richer colour saturation.

That is all from my experience.

This is all I have to share, go try it.

Regards
chunsan

Negatives i know but slides still have to await results.

i have got pretty good results shooting slides at +0.5 stops. but i would suggest you try -0.5, 0 and +0.5 to see which you prefer.

madmacs said:
i have got pretty good results shooting slides at +0.5 stops. but i would suggest you try -0.5, 0 and +0.5 to see which you prefer.

But i always shoot at 0EV cos i didn't bother to adjust anything on the exposure values.

madmacs said:
you will never know till you try ;)

Hmmm...maybe can try in future. When i shoot white flowers, maybe the EV can step down to -1 or -2 to make it more contrasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.