Travel Talk: France / Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paris is a madhouse in Summer! For popular places such as the lourve/Eiffel Tower, get there early...at least half an hour earlier to queue for tickets... otherwise you will spend at least 2-3 hours just queing to get tickets in... it took me 3 hours to get all the way up to the top of the eiffel tower... ticket queuing inclusive :(
Rest of the places you can go later in the morning/afternoon cos tickets aint a prob.

Best way to see paris in my opinion is to walk... lots of things to see but make sure you keep your eyes peeled for doggie poo on the streets...

food wise... make sure u try the magret de canard/foei gras/foei fras... tats my 2 cents worth :)

dragoes... those things you saw in the sky in paris are "contrails" which are created by the jet wake as the plane cruises through at high altitudes...usually ard 30000+ ft high... you can catch them in singapore too... usually on a clear dae as its usually obscured by clouds :)

The beauty of France is not Paris in my opinion.. having stayed there for 2 years.. if you want, check out places like Mont St Michel in Normandy, Breton,the pyrenees ( can pop by Andorra), or eastern France where they have a bit of german culture in Colmar. Too many to mention. Paris is too metropolitan.. you won't feel French.. and most people comes back saying.. "French are proud !@#!#..."
It's just because its higher standard of living there makes the people behave differently..

Learn some basic french words.. it comes in handy most of the time.. and they will love you for trying even to speak a bit.. They are not proud.. they are proud of their Language..

Status
Not open for further replies.