Travel Restrictions & Camera Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously, they should let the public prosecute the terrorist, and i am going to loan a 600mm f4 and whack their bloody sense clear...

make our life so hectic and troublesome now.. i can imagine even the spore airport is going to step up a lot on security

kcuf2 said:
seriously, they should let the public prosecute the terrorist, and i am going to loan a 600mm f4 and whack their bloody sense clear...

make our life so hectic and troublesome now.. i can imagine even the spore airport is going to step up a lot on security

imagine 2 weeks ago i brought 2 bodies, 5 lenses, and misc items (flash & such... oo.. lightsphere), wonder how to pull off the nxt time i take a holiday...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Haiz...

Your Flight Will Never Be The Same Again...

I really dont see the problem, no hand luggage = no more clutter, better security, no people with huge bags shoving their way on a plane, just check your camera stuff in, make sure its well padded, will be perfectly fine!

Handluggage should have been banned a long time ago, its just a pain.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
imagine 2 weeks ago i brought 2 bodies, 5 lenses, and misc items (flash & such... oo.. lightsphere), wonder how to pull off the nxt time i take a holiday...

imagine u had checked in ur equipment, and when u come out of the plane and went to the luggage collection place to collect ur luggage, and u wait and wait n u find that ur camera luggage is not out !!

in fact, it is entirely possible for anyone to just grab any of the luggage and go off! the police wont go and stop u and question u the contents..

i think things like camera and equipments really cannot make it liao....i mean, cannot bring overseas..

wildstallion said:
I really dont see the problem, no hand luggage = no more clutter, better security, no people with huge bags shoving their way on a plane, just check your camera stuff in, make sure its well padded, will be perfectly fine!

Handluggage should have been banned a long time ago, its just a pain.

Imagine long flights without PSP/portable media centres... :cry:

I would first of all insure all my gear before going on an overseas trip, then I would get a hardcase and padlock the sucker.

I had to check my camera bag at the gate once. I was so worried couldn't enjoy the flight.

This really sucks!!!!! Hey may be for photographers going for oveseas assignments, now we can charge more for the hassle of having to get insurance,excess baggage.....$$$$

hondasleeper said:
I would first of all insure all my gear before going on an overseas trip, then I would get a hardcase and padlock the sucker.

I had to check my camera bag at the gate once. I was so worried couldn't enjoy the flight.

This really sucks!!!!! Hey may be for photographers going for oveseas assignments, now we can charge more for the hassle of having to get insurance,excess baggage.....$$$$

even if u use a pelican case and use 100 locks on it, it will still not help at all...because at the checkout, any1 could simply take ur luggage on the conveyyor belt and walk out without being questioned!

sidenote: i think the budget airlines in europe will be smiling happily..now cant bring water bottle and cant bring food...ppl no choice got to buy food from them :)

kcuf2 said:
even if u use a pelican case and use 100 locks on it, it will still not help at all...because at the checkout, any1 could simply take ur luggage on the conveyyor belt and walk out without being questioned!

sidenote: i think the budget airlines in europe will be smiling happily..now cant bring water bottle and cant bring food...ppl no choice got to buy food from them :)

True, nothing to prevent that from happening, but you can try not to get hung up at immigration, be the first to the belt and be at the spot where the bags first come out rather than down the line where someone can intercept your bag before you. Watch people see if anyone is eye-balling your bag, let him grab it and then go get the cops, have the SOB arrested.

Just as an added precaution so you don't get screwed is to get insurance. But the hassle of going overseas for a job only to have your gear stolen would really, really suck.Wouldn't know what to say to the client.

so we cant even bring a no-camera lowepro bag up the plane?
im going overseas soon, and if i dun have any camera bag, how am i supposed to bring my cam around????

Zaknafein said:
so we cant even bring a no-camera lowepro bag up the plane?
im going overseas soon, and if i dun have any camera bag, how am i supposed to bring my cam around????

yes thats the issue...u got no choice, u got to put ur camera in a camera bag and stuff it inside ur big luggage which u use to check in..

i believe this rule only affects ppl going to the USA and UK at the moment..other countries should still be able to carry on board

kcuf2 said:

Hence the insurance. Anyway, if you get a hard case, it's not easy to tell that it's a camera bag because a good deal of hard cases look just like your typical travelling cases. Personally I haven't had any of my travelling cases stolen before, so what makes you think people can tell that your particular case contains expensive equipment and they will take it? If you label your case "camera equipment" then off course you're asking for it. It's extremely unlikely that people will do so in the first place because of the risk involved. If you're really THAT paranoid, then practise what we're known for, kiasuism. Sprint to the baggage collection area as soon as you get off the plane and make sure you're the first one there. An alternative is to pack your camera hardcase in a incongruous brown cardboard box so it looks like fruits or something.

If I go on holiday I would still bring the same equipment as before, there's simply no sense getting paranoid over this whole issue. Just insure it. If you really don't feel safe, the camera will be perfectly safe in your dry box, not capturing images. In fact, if you never take it out, it will remain safe from all manner of scratches, dust, moisture, dents, knocks. What's more, your shutter count doesn't increase, so the shutter stays spanking new! Hurray! Get a small PnS for holidays.

Stoned said:
Hence the insurance. Anyway, if you get a hard case, it's not easy to tell that it's a camera bag because a good deal of hard cases look just like your typical travelling cases. Personally I haven't had any of my travelling cases stolen before, so what makes you think people can tell that your particular case contains expensive equipment and they will take it? If you label your case "camera equipment" then off course you're asking for it. It's extremely unlikely that people will do so in the first place because of the risk involved. If you're really THAT paranoid, then practise what we're known for, kiasuism. Sprint to the baggage collection area as soon as you get off the plane and make sure you're the first one there. An alternative is to pack your camera hardcase in a incongruous brown cardboard box so it looks like fruits or something.

If I go on holiday I would still bring the same equipment as before, there's simply no sense getting paranoid over this whole issue. Just insure it. If you really don't feel safe, the camera will be perfectly safe in your dry box, not capturing images. In fact, if you never take it out, it will remain safe from all manner of scratches, dust, moisture, dents, knocks. What's more, your shutter count doesn't increase, so the shutter stays spanking new! Hurray! Get a small PnS for holidays.

then that would be pointless to get expensive camera/equipments already. in singapore, how many things can u shoot? :bsmilie: imagine going to somewhere like barcelona, Switzerland etc etc, but ur holding a PnS which cant give u the image quality u would want for a once in a lifetime opportunity. time to SSS!

Stoned said:

haha..u are really cute..i feel like pinching ur face now :D
actually thats a good idea, maybe should get a small PnS instead :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.