Transfer $


Status
Not open for further replies.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
#1
How should a foreigneer transfer $ to me ?
I hope it doesnt sound dumb .. :cool:
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#2
1. Bank transfer: You will need to give them your bank's BIC code (Bank Identification Code), which you can ask your bank. For UOB it's: UOBVSGSG, and you don't need bank routing number, as in SG all will go automatically to your bank account at your branch.

2. Paypal account linked to your SG bank account (you probably don't have this)

3. Western Union money transfer, there are other companies doing this......

4. Money Order (from banks or Western Union (Bidpay)), but your bank charges you about SGD 40, and it takes 30 days to clear!

5. Postal Money Order (not from the US), only works well from Japan, UK, Australia and some other countries, check with the bigger post office (Clementi, Orchard Rd., Paya Lebar).

Not many people would trust sending money by method 1. or 3., unless they know you well...

Good luck!

Hong Sien
 

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
#3
Oh ..
if he wants me to buy things from him .. then he got to trust me

Will ask him to refer to here ..

Tks
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#4
Ok, if the buyer is from the US:

Bank transfer is expensive (around USD 40), sending Postal MO to SG is NOT possible! The US Postal MO's are only for Canada and Mexico easily exchangeable, but not to other coutries.

Bidpay is a hassle for you.

Paypal is the best, but offers no security for sellers outside the US against credit card fraud, and CC withdrawals (not that your buyer would do this, but that's the general risk).

Europeans are more likely to use bank transfer or even send money in cash by (registered) mail (happens alot in Europe). US buyers are also known to do the latter, perfectly allright for small amounts.......

Hong Sien
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#5
Forgot to add that if you don't have a paypal account yourself, you can also use a friends paypal account to accept payments......the exchange rate is not the best though.

HS
 

soma

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
1,609
0
0
Local
#6
simon80 said:
How should a foreigneer transfer $ to me ?
I hope it doesnt sound dumb .. :cool:
The best is use Western Union Money Transfer. Give him your first name and last name with address and phone no.

Upon payment by him ask him for his payment detail together with the Money Transfer Control Number, go to any post office or western union agent fill up the form and collect your money.:cool:

No need account, no fees. (all fees will be paid by sender :sweatsm: )
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#7
soma said:
The best is use Western Union Money Transfer. Give him your first name and last name with address and phone no.

Upon payment by him ask him for his payment detail together with the Money Transfer Control Number, go to any post office or western union agent fill up the form and collect your money.:cool:

No need account, no fees. (all fees will be paid by sender :sweatsm: )
That's if the buyer trust you enough..........many won't due to the nigerian scams. But showing this thread to your buyer might help.......

HS
 

soma

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
1,609
0
0
Local
#8
The worst is paypal, another sucker in exchange rate and if the buyer complaint never receive anything from you, your money will be return back to the buyer.(Even if he receive but claim never receive) PayPal will never side you because you are the receiving party.:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#10
soma said:
The worst is paypal, another sucker in exchange rate and if the buyer complaint never receive anything from you, your money will be return back to the buyer.(Even if he receive but claim never receive) PayPal will never side you because you are the receiving party.:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:
Agreed, but this usually won't happen with small amounts........

HS
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom