Trans-Siberian Railway

Well, sometimes, these "vanities" make u feel better and thus motivate you to shoot better.... hehehe! ;)

it's a chrome leitz brightline finder from ebay, a korean jnk leather jacket, and elastic wrist-band-type strap from roberu japan. the first and third have nothing similar to them on the market. i later found cheaper but still nice leather half case, but too bad already bought one.

it is a moment of vanity. it still is. and of cos, it doesn't help in producing better photographs in anyway... hahaha....

And finally, the city of St Petersburg! My final stop before exiting to Finland!

IMG_0035w.jpg

IMG_0273w.jpg

IMG_0274w.jpg

The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, which looks really similar to St Basil cathedral in Moscow.

IMG_0486w.JPG

And the interior...

IMG_0055w.jpg

St Petersburg also host one of the largest (if not, the largest) art museums in the world, the State Hermitage Museum! I am not an arty/museum kind of person, but its truly impressive!

IMG_0271w.jpg

IMG_0149w.jpg

IMG_0158w.jpg

IMG_0230w.jpg

IMG_0201w.jpg

And then a visit to Peterhof estate and park. Famous for its fountains, but unfortunately, its operating only in summer. However, the autumn foliage in the park is awesome!

IMG_0004w.JPG

IMG_0050w.JPG

IMG_0063w.JPG

And some animals thats waay too familiar with tourists.....

IMG_0126w.jpg

And finally, some of the metro stations in St Petersburg are cool too, as I took it to my train station for my journey into Helsinki.
Thats all for my snippets of the Trans-Siberian journey! Hope you'll like it and for those planning a trip, all I can say is, GO FOR IT!

IMG_0214w.jpg

And finally, some of the metro stations in St Petersburg are cool too, as I took it to my train station for my journey into Helsinki.
Thats all for my snippets of the Trans-Siberian journey! Hope you'll like it and for those planning a trip, all I can say is, GO FOR IT!

Why finally? Is your trip ending at Helsinki?

You travelled alone?

No, my trip is still ongoing.
Finally bcoz I started this thread to cover only the Trans-Siberia, so its only Russia part :)

I see...so do start another one for the remaining. I am curious where you are going in Europe.

I see...so do start another one for the remaining. I am curious where you are going in Europe.
Ok, depends lah ... whether got time; now going through the Baltic countries and will reach Belgium by Dec, so not much time...
then I fly into Columbia....

another thread to subscribe to...seems like you are going to get a gift from Santa clause.

BTW, do you know if it is possible to get into Kazahstan via Onisk. It seems rather close on the map.

My bad. My eyes are really failing me. Omsk it is. I see from wikitravel that there is a stop inside Kazakhstan - Petrolpavl, which is not mentioned in Seat61.

BTW, the train can lay down flat and sleep one or not? seems like only got upright chairs.

http://wikitravel.org/upload/shared//0/05/Kazakhstan_regions_map.png

Last edited: