Trading-in old camera and purchase of new model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manik

Aug 16, 2004
Hi !

I'm Manik from Sri Lanka. I've just joined your forum, and this is my first posting. I'm fairly new to photography, and have a digital SLR camera (Canon EOS D30, bought in Saudi Arabia in June 2002). As I have been maintaining it very well, the camera, instruction manuals, CDs, cables, charger, etc. are in excellent condition.

I plan to purchase a new digital SLR camera soon. As these are not available here in Sri Lanka, I'm hoping to buy it in Singapore, whenever I happen to visit there.

I need your advice. I intend to trade-in my old camera when buying a new one. As I already have a Canon camera, I plan to keep the lens, external flash unit, etc. and trade-in only the camera body. Can you please help me find out where I could get the best possible trade-in value for my old camera, and also be able to buy a newer model Canon SLR camera for a reasonable price? The reliability/after-sales service/etc. of the vendor is also important.

Thanks.

Manik

why not try our clubsnap "trading forum" ?

you came here on a short trip?

Maybe can try THE CAMERA WORKSHOP at peninsular shopping centre. next to funan.

Manik said:
.....The reliability/after-sales service/etc. of the vendor is also important.....
if i'm not wrong, you will get local (singapore) as well as international warranty.
if something goes wrong, u will still be charged if send in for servicing in sri lanka.
it will be treated as "grey set", if you get what i mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.