Trackday at the Raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wah... Porsche 911 GT-3... This shape's 911 GT3 is rather rare... The rumbling GT-2 is even more rare...

wrx_sti_22b said:
Wah... Porsche 911 GT-3... This shape's 911 GT3 is rather rare... The rumbling GT-2 is even more rare...

they share same bodystyle as the regular 911s, as the GT2s with the Turbos..

The Gt3s are quite "comon" with about 1000 running around in the US, we belive the highest population lives in California..:)

There are about 5 excluding mine just in my zip cide

That same day I also packed a film SLR loaded with Fuji Reala - and I've finally gotten them developed. As I consider that these photos have already been post-processed during the scanning process, I did not do my usual post-processing, thus I've only cropped for web dimensions. I used both the 70-200 with and without a 2x TC. The predictive AI servo function on my (very) old EOS 630 was woeful. Here's the results:

17740011_G.jpg

Just a bit too fast on the shutter speed.

17740012_G.jpg

180SX that was all over the track trying to fend off a well-driven Suzuki Swift GTi.

17740013_G.jpg

Yet another shot of that white GT-R. Nice to compare film and digital outputs in similar conditions.

17740014_G.jpg

BMW M3 hard on the brakes (note the weight shifted to the front wheels)

17740015_G.jpg

The GT-R is a space shuttle of electronics gadgetry compared to the V8 pickup with leaf spring rear suspension it is passing.

17740016_G.jpg

Pontiac GTO, Holden Monaro, Vauxhall, they're all the same thing. This one has a Roots-type supercharger under the hood.

17740018_G.jpg

Rotary powered Mazda was a rocket on the straights but couldn't hang with the others on the corners.

17740020_G.jpg

The roadgoing Integra DC5 showed the track-prepared AE86 Levin that modern cars have come a long way in ability.

17740013_G.jpg

Yet another shot of that white GT-R. Nice to compare film and digital outputs in similar conditions.

I find that the scanning from the photo developer is always lacking in quality. If you do a film scan on a proper flat bed, it would be much better.
What iso were these? Seems grainy but I suspect that its the scanning process. My film pictures on the CD from developers are always like that. I use them as a "large contact" sheet. :)

Keep the pictures coming

Fongster said:
they share same bodystyle as the regular 911s, as the GT2s with the Turbos..

The Gt3s are quite "comon" with about 1000 running around in the US, we belive the highest population lives in California..:)

There are about 5 excluding mine just in my zip cide

Oh, sorry, i meant in the lcal Singapore context... This type 996 GT3 & GT2 with fixed wing is very rare in Singapore... very few... not to mention the rumbling RWD GT2 cost abt $900K then. More expensive than Ferrari 360 Modena, saw just one last time... actually, isn't Modena Challenge Stradale better than 911 GT2?

r32 said:
17740014_G.jpg

BMW M3 hard on the brakes (note the weight shifted to the front wheels)

I find the standard BMW M3 not really that exciting... I felt that a JDM Subaru WRX STi Spec C can outrun it anytime... It really need to shave off some weight, so that it will feel more agile... Locally, i've seen M3 fitted with Tubi racing exhaust, the sound is really good, more pronouced high pitch variable valve timing shrill...

wrx_sti_22b said:
I find the standard BMW M3 not really that exciting... I felt that a JDM Subaru WRX STi Spec C can outrun it anytime... It really need to shave off some weight, so that it will feel more agile... Locally, i've seen M3 fitted with Tubi racing exhaust, the sound is really good, more pronouced high pitch variable valve timing shrill...

E46s are "overbuilt" E36s M3 are the best imo. I say that cuz I have 2, one for street, one for track. If I could, I would buy an E36 M3 Sedan for daily, keep my other SG registered toys off the street.
Mostly E46s here in Norcal cant keep up with a properly prepared E36.

I've seen a M3 CSL on the road... a few mths ago in the Alexander showroom too. The 19" BBS design wheels looks good.

Fongster said:
I find that the scanning from the photo developer is always lacking in quality. If you do a film scan on a proper flat bed, it would be much better.
What iso were these? Seems grainy but I suspect that its the scanning process. My film pictures on the CD from developers are always like that. I use them as a "large contact" sheet. :)

Keep the pictures coming

The best scan results come off drum-scans, but I don't have the dying urge to extract the maximum resolution out of it - besides, these 6 mp equivalent scans are already showing up the film's grain, I think. As I mentioned, I was using a very old EOS body, so the predictive AF isn't up to notch even with an F/2.8 lens. The image quality looks variable because in some cases the AF is lagging behind just a bit.

ND filter R32....

When you've got good bokeh, the car looks like it's standing still.

ND filter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.