torchlight

Bro for the 200 lux one.how long is the battery runtime?and what kind of battery it use?

I am not sure bro. I bought it 3 months ago... I still haven't changed the batteries.. it uses two AAs.

if you're looking for a serious torch light, there is a good one, I bought my sunwayman V20C base on review there

candle power forums

Nis

Good suggestion. Fenix is about the best choice in Singapore. You can also get Fenix from TK Photo. If you have bigger budget you should get a Surefire.

Yes, Fenix good.
I buy mine from eBay.

i like torch lights and i have many and most of them i bought online from sites like dealextreme and dinodirect.

i specially like those torch lights with "weird" batteries like 18650 and CR123 both 3.6v etc seems like the battery power is able to last long. i bought the rechargeable batteries and chargers.

you can try LED Lenser also
i bought mine from here
comes with 1 yr warranty

i got the M1. has flood and spot mode. good for macro photography.

just saw this:

CS Members get 10% off!

ihTech Promotions -   ihTech

base on website. should be 15% leh

For non-goodees members 10% discount is also entitled to members from:-

SGKIA Forum
Honda Civic Forum
Fiat Forum
VR Forum
Mazda Forum
sgCycling Forum
Fit Jazz Club Forum
ClubSnap Forum

Same additional 5% if you like us on facebook. Total 15% for the above forums members.

Ultra Fire, cheap and damn powderful from dealextreme

may i ask why people would buy torchlights (for photography?)

I have a LED headlamp for when I am working in the dark (no, i am not an miner)

Depending on your situation, you might like to light up certain parts of your subject a little more. Torchlights are very cheap compared to flashes, and they are continuous, so you can see what you're lighting without having to force-fire the flash and check each adjustment.

Also, in some situations, the lighting may be too dim for your camera to focus, and if you don't have a good AF assist beam (either built-in or on your flashes), you might need a torch to "provide the AF assist beam".

These are the two circumstances which I have used a torch. Can't think of any others at the moment.

For those with iPhones, can download the iLight App. It turns iPhone into a torchlight and it's bright

I used it for too dark situation portrait photography as AF assist beam. It works!

There is another kind of LED lights that can be attached to the cam Hotshoe. Looks convenient coz u dont have to hold it while shooting

Depending on your situation, you might like to light up certain parts of your subject a little more. Torchlights are very cheap compared to flashes, and they are continuous, so you can see what you're lighting without having to force-fire the flash and check each adjustment.

Also, in some situations, the lighting may be too dim for your camera to focus, and if you don't have a good AF assist beam (either built-in or on your flashes), you might need a torch to "provide the AF assist beam".

These are the two circumstances which I have used a torch. Can't think of any others at the moment.

For those with iPhones, can download the iLight App. It turns iPhone into a torchlight and it's bright

I used it for too dark situation portrait photography as AF assist beam. It works!

There is another kind of LED lights that can be attached to the cam Hotshoe. Looks convenient coz u dont have to hold it while shooting

may i ask why people would buy torchlights (for photography?)

I have a LED headlamp for when I am working in the dark (no, i am not an miner)

don't forget. those powerful flashlights can also be used to blind and scatter irritating photographers constantly getting in your way, blocking you or jabbing you from the back.

don't waste your flash on them. use a 1000 lumen LED flashlight :bsmilie:

I saw some videographers have a very impressive LED-array which can slot into hot-shoe, I wonder what that is...can anyone enLIGHTen?

Thanks in advance.

Shizuma said:
I saw some videographers have a very impressive LED-array which can slot into hot-shoe, I wonder what that is...can anyone enLIGHTen?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the hot shoe mounts, but there are photogs who also use those on lightstands in place of flashes. They are exactly as you say: LED arrays. You know what they are! So I don't really get your question....

Thanks in advance.
This is better for a "flood of light" type of purpose. Videographers need this to illuminate a wide area infront of the camera, for still photography not so much.
Control of light is more important than just flooding the scene. Thats for me anyway.

Hi, FastBlueSnail! What will you be photographing? Bugs? Scorpions?

Most low end options use 5mm UV LEDs and can be found in home improvement stores locally. Most of these are low powered and have a very limited range. Haven't found any decent quality ones locally, so buying online is still your best bet. There are many flashlights and drop-in options featuring high output CREE and Nichia UV LEDs if you have the budget. Remember - the eyes and skin protection! :cool:

Plan to use one for night macro. One that is powerful enough for searching at a distance.
Would love to find scorpion to photograph.

Thanks for the info. Most probably will buy Ultrafire UV torch online then.

Hi, FastBlueSnail! What will you be photographing? Bugs? Scorpions?

Most low end options use 5mm UV LEDs and can be found in home improvement stores locally. Most of these are low powered and have a very limited range. Haven't found any decent quality ones locally, so buying online is still your best bet. There are many flashlights and drop-in options featuring high output CREE and Nichia UV LEDs if you have the budget. Remember - the eyes and skin protection! :cool: