To the old birds, what's our future?

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
From my observation I believe many "older" members here are experiencing a similar scene. Only a few years ago, whenever you have a big family gathering, you are the only few, if not the only one to carry a Dslr, and was the "official" photographer for the gathering. This time, whenever there is a gathering, almost everyone is holding one! Uncles, auntie, cousins, nephews, nieces, brothers, sisters, etc...
The funny thing is that while most of us have "downgraded" our Dslr to the friendly interchangeable p&s cams, these relatives are all using bigger Dslr and the older relatives are using the highest end of p&s cams.

It is no more fun taking photos at such gathering anymore. There will always be shooters aiming at every one. The worst is group shooting... You will get so many cams aiming!

Now what will you do next?
1. Bring along your biggest Dslr and lens?
2. Bring along the smallest cam tt you have?
3. Just bring your iPhone?
4. Don't bring any n wait to be shot?
5. Officially announce a new "official" photographer to take over your title?:dunno:

After a while they will know who will be the one doing a better job.

If someone else can do better I dun mind going there just to eat and tcss :p

Ryan

i will bring a small p&s and shoot when i feel like it...... :bsmilie:

sit back, relax! u dun have to document the cny celebration. that itself would be a source of great comfort and good rest for all of us too:)

*pats on back* cheerio old boy

I had never bring my camera to any family or friends' gathering. Not when I was shooting film, not when I was shooting digital. Why should I?

i may or may not bring my lx3 along, sometimes i won't even want to bring my cam out.

They are all going through a stage that most of us already went through, so look in a few years, they will also use point and shoot, and their children will use some fancy futuristic camera than also records sound and smell!

I say "Thank GOd ! Someone else is taking the birthday pics this year!"

From my observation I believe many "older" members here are experiencing a similar scene. Only a few years ago, whenever you have a big family gathering, you are the only few, if not the only one to carry a Dslr, and was the "official" photographer for the gathering. This time, whenever there is a gathering, almost everyone is holding one! Uncles, auntie, cousins, nephews, nieces, brothers, sisters, etc...
The funny thing is that while most of us have "downgraded" our Dslr to the friendly interchangeable p&s cams, these relatives are all using bigger Dslr and the older relatives are using the highest end of p&s cams.

It is no more fun taking photos at such gathering anymore. There will always be shooters aiming at every one. The worst is group shooting... You will get so many cams aiming!

Now what will you do next?
1. Bring along your biggest Dslr and lens?
2. Bring along the smallest cam tt you have?
3. Just bring your iPhone?
4. Don't bring any n wait to be shot?
5. Officially announce a new "official" photographer to take over your title?:dunno:

..... 6. whip out your gold, crocodile skin, diamond encrusted, limited edition Leica (which they can't afford, ha ha) and kick some serious photographic butt.

I am hoping the new generation take over so that I don't have to bring my heavy Gitzo, flash n DSLR.

u have to remember shooting is the EASY part ..... its the sorting, the PP , getting multiple prints u need to churn out for various relatives ............. and DELIVERING it (and putting up with the blardy complaints why its taking so long) .... and everything for FREE some more.....

I am SO HAPPY nowadays to see relatives and friends toting great equipment to family gatherings .......... they have to do all that above .... AND I get to irritate them with my 2 cents worth and can NAG and NAG at them too LOL !!!

Last edited:
长江后浪推前浪

giantcanopy said:
长江后浪推前浪

前浪死在沙滩上 :bsmilie::bsmilie:

u have to remember shooting is the EASY part ..... its the sorting, the PP , getting multiple prints u need to churn out for various relatives ............. and DELIVERING it (and putting up with the blardy complaints why its taking so long) .... and everything for FREE some more.....

Completely can identify with this!

i will bring a small p&s and shoot when i feel like it...... :bsmilie:

hi zaren, happy chinese new year..

these days.. it's my nieces who are taking photos with their cameras.. dslr, pns, phone, etc etc..

hi zaren, happy chinese new year..

these days.. it's my nieces who are taking photos with their cameras.. dslr, pns, phone, etc etc..

hi niccy....happy new year!!!

time for the oldies to rediscover their photography passion!!!

:bsmilie: