To Punggol, With Love

pp-1.jpg

Work of a master . Swee

It's amazing, eikin... Thanks for sharing...

I'm always think what's the point of getting a good DSLR... There's no nice & wonderful places in Singapore & not worth if you don't travels...

But now u have totally changed my mind... For a newbies like me, I shall buy D90 + 18-200mm (should be good enough, I think) soon & plan to explore more wonderful places here...

Thanks again to all for sharing your wonderful photos... :)

Think i will post some here on my recent trip to Punggol End again. A lovely thread started by eikin~

By the way, eikin where are you? It's been a while...

3413257757_34957ac3b1.jpg

3414063576_854dfaf38f_b.jpg

3413270857_4b1bdc24c7.jpg

3413270063_f5ac28998b.jpg

Think i will post some here on my recent trip to Punggol End again. A lovely thread started by eikin~

By the way, eikin where are you? It's been a while...

3413257757_34957ac3b1.jpg

i like this picture very much, may i ask how to you achieve such contrasty colours, smoothness of the picture and sharpness?

sorry if i sounded noob.

cheers
jes :)

i like this picture very much, may i ask how to you achieve such contrasty colours, smoothness of the picture and sharpness?

sorry if i sounded noob.

cheers
jes :)

Thanks jes~ :)

Oh, basically for the contrasty colours, as the term define, i increase the contrast and did selective colour saturation.

As for the smooth sea, it was done with ND filter.

As to the sharpness, err, if you are talking about the rather shallow depth of field, i was shooting at f6.3 at 30 sec exposure.. Reason because i do not have a remote shutter release and in order to achieve the smoothness of the sea with ND filter, i need long exposure and thus the wider aperture to offset.

Other reason like lens, lights etc may also contribute to the sharpness i guess.

In fact, i actually reduce the sharpness during my post processing.

You can take a look at the info Here.

:)

wow! :eek:
thank you very much for your detailed reply.

looks like i have a lot to learn.

thanks again :)

wow! :eek:
thank you very much for your detailed reply.

looks like i have a lot to learn.

thanks again :)

Welcome~

I am learning too. :)

Do check out night86mare's landscape shots in SG (and other countries) Here for inspiration.

Also, not forgetting good landscape shooters like giantcanopy & ikkang and many others as well. :)

Went out to a few places around punggol to shoot, didnt expect so many photographers at the beach. Haha.

Here are is fav pic of the day. Hope the more pro photographers would give me some advice on landscape photography.

Is my compostion ok? Is it too boring?
Is the PP done properly? Too harsh?
What can be done to make this a better photo?

DSC_2630.jpg

Camera: D90
Lens Tokina 11-16mm F2.8
Aperture: F3.2
Shutter: 1/160
ISO:100

Shot at RAW, and editted in Photoshop CS4; Camera Raw 5.3.

Last edited:
Planning to shoot the lalang scene but I'm not familiar with Punggol and have no car. To get to location 15/16 can I stop at Kalandor LRT and walk there? How far is it?

Planning to shoot the lalang scene but I'm not familiar with Punggol and have no car. To get to location 15/16 can I stop at Kalandor LRT and walk there? How far is it?
for 15 and 16, the nearest is oasis lrt.

you'll need to walk back to the direction of damai lrt and to the right you'll see some lorries parked there... you can walk in all the way and you'll come to a t-junction.

turn right and walk along the road and you'll be at the lallang field. its a big patch but the last time i went last week the lallang field is all yellowish...

for 15 and 16, the nearest is oasis lrt.

you'll need to walk back to the direction of damai lrt and to the right you'll see some lorries parked there... you can walk in all the way and you'll come to a t-junction.

turn right and walk along the road and you'll be at the lallang field. its a big patch but the last time i went last week the lallang field is all yellowish...

Thanks. Weird thing is my 2008 street directory book states Oasis LRT is not opened yet :think:

some picturesto share.. my first visit there.

3501455532_c3b81af39a_o.jpg

3501454006_f678baf149_o.jpg

3501456220_b3fcab706d_o.jpg

3500638575_1966da6cb2_o.jpg

Thanks. Weird thing is my 2008 street directory book states Oasis LRT is not opened yet :think:

Oasis LRT is already opened but nor for Damai LRT :)
as I went in Jan, but couldn't find the lalang field, shall try it this month probably.

The colours are beautiful. Great shot :)