To photoshoot organisers eg. Azure/sulhan: What drives you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teL

Jul 8, 2003
Singapore
engloy.elcreations.net
Just curious with regards to the regular photoshoot organisers...

What drives you to organise these gatherings?

I've got a few PM asking me to organise a photoshoot actually, but so far, the lack of time to organise a proper one has been the main stumbling block. Also, I'm not too sure whether if taking pictures in a large group is conducive or not. I find shooting in small groups much more productive: in a large group scenario, you might end up probably exchanging ideas/talking than actually shooting pictures :)

Any comments from Azure/sulhan/etc?

Regards.

teL said:
Just curious with regards to the regular photoshoot organisers...

What drives you to organise these gatherings?

Somehow I get the feeling that the motivation is only to organise the outings, and not to share the reasons for doing so...

Oh well... I'm fine with that :)

teL said:
Somehow I get the feeling that the motivation is only to organise the outings, and not to share the reasons for doing so...

Oh well... I'm fine with that :)

Probably they are busy with something. I am sure they will reply to you topic when they are available.

Hieee...

One personal reason is that it will allow newbies to cume out of the dark and join the "usual" faces and gain confident in taking phototographs in public.
Meeting the experienced ones normally gives soem opportunity for learning and feedback ...from equipment handling, control,composition etc.

Its all about networking and interaction. Its better to meet the CS members inperson as it will help in the cohesion ...apart from just communicating in the cyberworld....

I've learned lots of stuff from the CS seniors.....from those outings and events organised byt them too!!!

On part of learning....i've conducted some "free Into to Basic Photography"....for those newbies to give them some feel of the basics of photography. Well...its great to see most of them improve in their photography through their postings...etc.

As shcdules ager getting tighter these days ....its been hard for me to put specific dates for such sessions......kinda miss that though....
will try to get a couple of slots up be for the new year i hope....

So thats alll that i have got to say...on why ....these outings are organised...

regards,
Sulhan

sulhan said:
One personal reason is that it will allow newbies to cume out of the dark and join the "usual" faces and gain confident in taking phototographs in public.
i don't org many photo outings these days, but for the newbie tables @ SEED, i do it for the same reasons as Sulhan - to let newbies interact with others and put a face to the names and nicks. that way CS will be more than just a online forum... it'll be a real community of people with like minds and similar interests...

Larry said:
i don't org many photo outings these days, but for the newbie tables @ SEED, i do it for the same reasons as Sulhan - to let newbies interact with others and put a face to the names and nicks. that way CS will be more than just a online forum... it'll be a real community of people with like minds and similar interests...

I agree with you Larry. The forum would not be fun if people simply dodge interaction and keep everything to themselves. (wonder how many newbies got free BCM from Larry already? :bsmilie: )

Status
Not open for further replies.