To give up m43?

Sorry to hear about the loss of your gear.

I'd echo some of the advice already given.
You can essentially start again afresh in another system but take some time to review what you liked and disliked about m43.
I still find that is fills a sweet spot between size and image quality, especially when considering lens size but then again, I shoot with two systems (the other being FF) hence I prioritize size and bulk over other things for my second system.

If I only shot with one system I think I'd be tempted to go Fujifilm too, especially if I favour primes vs zooms.

Been thinking and thinking about it.. For a while, I tot maybe just get the GF7 as a temporary fix, plus at least I'd get back a 12-32mm lens..

But yeah, no point investing in other systems just for the sake of trying out something new.

My EM5ii was fine, I loved it, and I guess maybe I have this mentality that it's a bit stupid to spend double the money to buy back the same thing.

I decide to just suck it up and buy another em5ii body only. Life goes on as per normal, just about $1398 poorer that I will probably pay in instalments to soften the blow.

Anyone knows the latest street price of the em5ii these days?

The Fujifilm is a good contender as well, but no flippy screen, not so selfie friendly.

If I were you, I would buy back the EM5ii & 7.5mm FE

Exactly what I'm gonna do ha..

Another one I absolutely need to buy back is the 12-32mm. It was on my em5 80% of the time. Love it's compactness!

Been thinking and thinking about it.. For a while, I tot maybe just get the GF7 as a temporary fix, plus at least I'd get back a 12-32mm lens.. But yeah, no point investing in other systems just for the sake of trying out something new. My EM5ii was fine, I loved it, and I guess maybe I have this mentality that it's a bit stupid to spend double the money to buy back the same thing. I decide to just suck it up and buy another em5ii body only. Life goes on as per normal, just about $1398 poorer that I will probably pay in instalments to soften the blow. Anyone knows the latest street price of the em5ii these days? The Fujifilm is a good contender as well, but no flippy screen, not so selfie friendly.

It's good in that u had time to settle down and ponder about the choice.

One will only get even better when one has pondered about the reasons of one staying in a system or own a certain camera or lens. To me Fujifilm still has room to catch up to MFT in terms of AF speed and pricing while MFT needs to catch up in __________. :p

P.S: I use the X100T for selfies more often than anything else I have in my cabinet lol.

Last edited:
It's good in that u had time to settle down and ponder about the choice.

One will only get even better when one has pondered about the reasons of one staying in a system or own a certain camera or lens. To me Fujifilm still has room to catch up to MFT in terms of AF speed and pricing while MFT needs to catch up in __________. :p

P.S: I use the X100T for selfies more often than anything else I have in my cabinet lol.

lol need to catch up in_____what?

I used to own the Leica DLUX and connect it via wifi to my phone to take selfie. The whole process is cumbersome, nothing as convenient and casual as looking at the screen while the lens next to it is taking a shot of you, which my em5ii did very well.

just came back from taka best denki.. too bad they don't sell body only. wonder if anyone got lobang where they will sell body only and also accept credit cards?

You can give a call to Cathay Photo, heard that they have credit installments. I didn't buy from them as most of the time their pricing is not the lowest

You can give a call to Cathay Photo, heard that they have credit installments. I didn't buy from them as most of the time their pricing is not the lowest

lol looks like it's time for shopping tmr at funan then

Not really, recently they have been giving the best price(pay cc without extra charges) when compare to usual shops in funan as suppose to be cash price.

Coming from O and moving to F/S you do have to get use abit more on 2 things: dust (more proper handling) and IBIS (unless A7ii). Possibly also the "gain" in shallower DOF maybe useful for portraiture, however, the "loss" of DOF in say street, macro and group shots you will have to adapt. And if you do more videos, Fuji isn't really that geared towards video. I have a Fuji XE1 as well for occasional legacy lenses fun and landscape, but I think it would be better on an A7 purely on a portraiture pov:) there's quite a few older Sony A7 Fuji XEs on BNS on a good price, perhaps can buy and try if don't like then sell? But keep the nocitcron coz it's so good haha.

Buying em5mk2 hold 1st till Aug for sg50 sale promotion.

Your sauce reliable? Cause I saw the Olympus flyer that they're giving out free battery free memory card if you buy before 31 Jul.. I don't mind waiting out a couple more weeks if they give free lens (45mm 1.8) with purchase though!!

Coming from O and moving to F/S you do have to get use abit more on 2 things: dust (more proper handling) and IBIS (unless A7ii). Possibly also the "gain" in shallower DOF maybe useful for portraiture, however, the "loss" of DOF in say street, macro and group shots you will have to adapt. And if you do more videos, Fuji isn't really that geared towards video. I have a Fuji XE1 as well for occasional legacy lenses fun and landscape, but I think it would be better on an A7 purely on a portraiture pov:) there's quite a few older Sony A7 Fuji XEs on BNS on a good price, perhaps can buy and try if don't like then sell? But keep the nocitcron coz it's so good haha.

I hardly take street photography mainly for 2 reasons.. I don't like to keep pictures of people I don't know and I also don't like to let people think I'm taking their pictures haha.. My album is mostly portraits of my gf and family members so really no reason for me to not move to F/S

But occasionally, like the recent seagames, I managed to fool security into letting me use my camera (their max length was 200mm but I went in with a 150mm lens that is actually 300mm) so that occasional versatility does come in handy

Anyway my mind is made up.. Another EM5ii for me it is.. It's just a matter of when is the perfect time to buy. Have a gut feeling there is a SG50 promotion from Olympus but can't be sure. If I buy it now I'd have a memory card and spare battery.

one thing I agree with Wonglp. How good the Nocticron is.

When i sold that lens, it was really the clearest signal I was leaving MFT. There are a few must own lenses in MFT in my opinion and without a doubt, the 42.5/1.2 Noct is one of them.

I was in courts Tampines and they sell body only for $1349.

one thing I agree with Wonglp. How good the Nocticron is.

When i sold that lens, it was really the clearest signal I was leaving MFT. There are a few must own lenses in MFT in my opinion and without a doubt, the 42.5/1.2 Noct is one of them.

Whoaa can't believe you sold off your Noctricron!!!!

I was in courts Tampines and they sell body only for $1349.

whoa $50 price drop only ah.. that's a bummer

hands very itchy now.. duno if the SG50 sale (if any) will be worth the wait..

Pardon my ignorance, what is F/S ?

Shouldn't it be F/F for Full Frame ?

Thanks