Time Laspe shooting - how long can ur camera shoot in 1 battery?

soons

Mar 22, 2007
As above...
Those who made Time Lapse shooting with intervalometer, how many pictures are you able to take before your battery runs out...

Please state your make & model of your camera... prefer if someone has a rebel (1000D, 450D, 500D) series to input. ;)

I don't really post much... but i have some experience doing time lapse and my previous camera was a 500D... anyways some tips i can give you

1. 1 battery of mine can last about 8 hours... for 20 secs intervals time lapse and it still had juice in it.

2. switched off the screen

3. taking in the Small - Fine Jpeg option (oh and don't worry about the quality cos the video that you make will be at most 1280x800 or 1920x1280 so taking @ 3600 x 4200 is really overkill and you don't wanna process 1500+ RAW files)

4. Everything Manual - Focus, Aperture, Shutter, White Balance (Note : Pls keep all of these constant even thou the lighting conditions change... you don't want viewers having seizures after watching the time lapse video due to the flickering cos the settings keep changing every shot)

5. Off the beeping when focus confirm

6. Zoom does not need to be constant BUT only zoom during the shooting if you know what you are doing.... otherwise some people might get motion sickness if your zooming occurs too often and/or too rapidly.

7. Sturdy tripod with good head is a must or you will see your video slowly panning downwards lol. Try to weigh down your tripod so it doesn't shift position if you don't have a good one.

That is my experience with time lapse video.

Thanks for your comprehensive input!!