Time Lapse

I see, depend you how/where set your shutter speed,

if you set the shutter speed in your camera, the interval time is start from the signal send to your camera to open shutter to the next signal, so you need to be careful about the total time of your shutter speed and camera writing speed not longer than the interval time.

if you are using a intervalometer to set shutter speed, the interval time starts from last shutter close to next shutter open.

one last question... ermm i know for time lapse, there is no need to shoot in raw...

so shooting in jpg... do u shoot in large, medium or small?

i read online that small is sufficient enough for a HD video... true?

one last question... ermm i know for time lapse, there is no need to shoot in raw...

so shooting in jpg... do u shoot in large, medium or small?

i read online that small is sufficient enough for a HD video... true?
Mod Ortega is correct.

however, shooting in Raw has it benefit, like you can do some post process like, HDR, fine tune WB etc. and If you are shooting timelapse in very short interval, jpg is better than Raw.

Mod Ortega is correct.

however, shooting in Raw has it benefit, like you can do some post process like, HDR, fine tune WB etc. and If you are shooting timelapse in very short interval, jpg is better than Raw.

if i am doing a 1 hour shot (5 secs interval) , my clip is only 2mins 30 secs assuming I am using 24fps? I calculate as follows:

5*12*60/24 = 150secs (*piak* forehead... earlier i count wrongly... should be 3600 shots not 720 shots...)

what is the 12?
anyway, your intervals is 5s, let say your shutter shutter speed is 1s, in one hour is 60minx60s, total 3600sec, you get 600 shots in that hour. (3600/5s+1s)

if you are using 24 FPS (the lowest), 600 frames is producing a 25sec clip.

okies i get your formulae now... *piaks* forehead :bsmilie:

dunno if this link has been posted before....very powerful moving time lapse here...dunno how he did it.

http://www.timescapes.org/

That looks impressive, its kind of like filming already! Sorry kind of like a noob here, but I was wondering if he attached his dslr to a dolly or a jib while shooting this to get the gradual close up effect? :)

those horizontal moving shots are using dolly, vertical moving shots are using crane, and another one I believe is on vehicle since rather impossible to build such long rail for a dolly shot.

somemore got star trails while keeping foreground static. I think not something achievable by layman - very solid.