Tian Fu Gong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jia Wang

Feb 20, 2004
Starry Night
www.pbase.com
(One of the) oldest temple in S'pore... First time venturing out to a street in S'pore to snap local sights... :) Comments and feedback from all are greatly appreciated... Thanks...

1) Tian Fu Gong Entrance
Image-FACB60C49C0911D8.jpg

2) Tian Fu Gong Rooftop
Image-FACD774B9C0911D8.jpg

3) Joss-sticks 1
Image-FAD5EBFF9C0911D8.jpg

4) Joss-sticks 2
Image-FADB68DA9C0911D8.jpg

5) Dragon Bell
Image-FAE667F69C0911D8.jpg

Heheh... no feedback or comments so far... Any areas where I can improve on these shots? :sweat: Really hope someone can raise some pointers for me... Thanks :)

Jia Wang said:
Heheh... no feedback or comments so far... Any areas where I can improve on these shots? :sweat: Really hope someone can raise some pointers for me... Thanks :)
:dunno: What can I say?? the photos are nice already ;)
Maybe on the last pic try another version when both background and foreground are in focus??
I'm Interested in what lense you use too :)

thanks

3rd one's really good. Brings out the essence of the joss sticks

I liked the last one especially :thumbsup: Think the blurring of the background makes the picture more effective. It evokes a sense of place, especially when the background is that of a temple.

Shot 3 would be good if there is only 1 background color instead of 3 distinctive colors (dark blue, white & orange) vertically dividing this shot. Just my opinion, dont mind. :D

hey ya.. my turn to comment :D

I like <Joss-sticks 2> but will be better if you can give it more DOF.. maybe the sign board can make it more visible...

<Tian Fu Gong Rooftop> rooftop are abit hash due to the mid day sun? Or I should say it is overexposed.

:) just my 2 cents

Brandon said:
:dunno: What can I say?? the photos are nice already ;)
Maybe on the last pic try another version when both background and foreground are in focus??
I'm Interested in what lense you use too :)

thanks

Thanks Brandon...

Btw, here's the lens I used for the shots:

1, 4 & 5) EF 50mm f1.8 II
2 & 3) EF 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 USM

Hosea said:
Shot 3 would be good if there is only 1 background color instead of 3 distinctive colors (dark blue, white & orange) vertically dividing this shot. Just my opinion, dont mind. :D

No, I really appreciate your comments... The background could indeed be quite distracting as colors are not uniform... I could have shifted my position to find a more uniform background... Thanks... :)

jimtong said:
hey ya.. my turn to comment :D

I like <Joss-sticks 2> but will be better if you can give it more DOF.. maybe the sign board can make it more visible...

<Tian Fu Gong Rooftop> rooftop are abit hash due to the mid day sun? Or I should say it is overexposed.

:) just my 2 cents

I treated Joss-sticks 2 with an f2.2 aperture... i agree that i could have set a smaller aperture, just enough to figure out the chinese words...

Overexposure is more b'cos of a little over-PSed... it was around 4pm plus when I took the shot... But it was quite sunny, I must say... :)

i think 3 is pretty effective and brings out a good feel of the joss sticks. Personally i prefer the 3 coloured background as you haf shot, cos i feel it breaks the monotony of the otherwise rather mono-toned joss-sticks.

But since the joss sticks tilt abit to the left, think would haf prefered if they were positioned more to the right so that they would tilt towards the centre of the frame. :)

I dun really like Joss stick 2... makes them joss sticks look reallly short..

I like 3 and 5..

PIcture one puts me off balance, really.. haha

Jia Wang,

New Camera feel good hor,
I like picture 3 :thumbsup: and 5,
one of these days must join u and ah huat for shoots,

Status
Not open for further replies.