This is what i call hardcore bird flu !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Mar 6, 2003
East of Singapore
www.gorgeousfeathers.com
Saw this picture while browsing a bookshop in Frankfurt while in transit. This is a very good magazine to get your hands on.

wpsmall05.jpg

More can be found from NGC website.

WOW :what: U've really been 'poisoned' too far my friend :D

Cool shot sia. :thumbsup: So, Harlequin, want to do a MO for that birdie headdress? Den maybe the white belly will come sit on your hand too. :bsmilie:

Garion said:
Cool shot sia. :thumbsup: So, Harlequin, want to do a MO for that birdie headdress? Den maybe the white belly will come sit on your hand too. :bsmilie:
I think i'll go for that fishie trick to lure that black cap out right in front of my lens... :D

If i don't get that black cap, i'll probably move to Florida where the birds are right next to you...just kidding...

Garion, this is the text from the pages of the Magazine:

Randy Olsen said:
"This was the most dangerous part of Pakistan's Indus Valley, a remote area in Sindh where several foreigners had been kidnapped. It was also where a group of hunters still practiced a 5000 year old method of catching waterfowl. The hunters would tie pet herons to a hoop in the water, then drop to their necks in the water wearing these incredible masks made from real birds. They'd wiggle their heads to mimic a swimming bird, then grab any waterfowl that landed nearby. We couldn't stay long, however. By police order all boats - including the one we were on - had to be onshore by sunset or else we'd be sitting ducks for the bandits that came out after dark. I asked our machine-gun toting guard that would hapen if were were attacked. "Either I am lucky or they are lucky," he replied. Lucky for me, we never found out.

sehsuan said:
Garion, this is the text from the pages of the Magazine:
Wow that is a really interesting read! :bigeyes: They say a picture is worth more than a thousand words, but the story that goes behind making each picture can be equally as fascinating. Thanks for sharing, sehsuan. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.